Regarding the Brazilian league....

Galo

Just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention in case anybody missed it:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/11/us-soccer-brazil-idUSTRE7AA4Z820111111

The Brazilian league is grossly underestimated in each version of FM. I don't know how your games go, but in mine all those big players are snatched away during the first European transfer window. Most of the rising stars go away as well. I feel like I'm playing FM '98 sometimes.

To compensate for this I have to use the editor and bump Brazil's reputation up a few points...but it would be nice if the new status of the Brazilian Serie A was reflected in future FM versions.

As an aside: I understand this is all a very tough pill for some "hardliners" around here to swallow. I know there are some who will argue against all this, claiming that it is only "over the hill" players who return to Brazil, etc... but keep in mind players still in their prime who are in Brazil and have never left. Also, remember that this is an increasing trend...meaning that more and more star players are choosing to stay in Brazil each year.

I am no expert but I kind of agree I think the trouble is if we play as a team we can keep hold of the future stars and top players. The trouble is the AI teams do not seem capable of holding onto their best players, do the Brazilian teams in FM get the big TV deals that they get in real life?

I'm 6 seasons into a Brazil save and the majority of good Brazillians are still playing in the league. And Kaka came back to the Brazil league with São Paulo at the end of the second season. In fact many top players have come to the Brazil leagues, Tevez even went to Corinthians on loan. So it does attract good players. The money is pretty good out here as well.

Archived