FM 2008 Hall of Fame

Who’s the best on these forums then?

It works in much the same way as the European Goldenboot, I have assigned each league and cup an amount of points depending on the difficulty of each league. Simply give us a list of your achievements (proof would be nice but isn’t a necessity, then add up how many points you have won. It isn’t a challenge and obviously there will be some people who will have an advantage as they have gone further than other people, but perhaps they deserve it for dedication.

The only rule is that you can’t have used any software such as FMM or Genie Scout, it has to have been all based on your own managerial ability.

If this is well received then i’ll maybe try something a bit more in depth e.g. points depending on budgets and team reputation. In this one I will only accept points for top divisions and the main domestic cup i.e. FA rather than League Cup, but if it goes well i’ll add the lower leagues and cups as well.

Here’s the points list;

UEFA Champions League - 10

UEFA Cup - 5

Copa Libertadores - 8

Copa Sudamericana - 4

CAF Champions League - 3

AFC Champions League - 3

CONCACAF Champions Cup - 3

Australia - 1

China – 0.5

Hong Kong – 0.5

India – 0.5

Indonesia – 0.5

Malaysia – 0.5

Singapore – 0.5

South Korea - 1

South Africa - 1

Austria - 2

Belarus - 1

Belgium - 2

Bulgaria - 2

Croatia - 2

Czech Republic - 2

Denmark - 2

Finland - 1

France - 4

Germany - 4

Greece - 3

Netherlands - 4

Hungary - 1

Iceland – 0.5

Israel - 1

Italy - 5

Norway - 2

Poland - 1

Portugal - 4

Romania - 2

Russia - 3

Serbia - 1

Slovakia - 1

Slovenia - 1

Spain - 5

Sweden - 2

Switzerland - 2

Turkey - 3

Ukraine - 2

England - 5

Northern Ireland – 0.5

Republic of Ireland – 0.5

Scotland - 3

Wales – 0.5

U.S.A - 2

Mexico - 3

Argentina - 4

Brazil - 4

Chile - 2

Colombia - 2

Peru - 2

Uruguay - 2

Point’s totals for domestic cup competitions are exactly half of the points available for a league win e.g. English FA Cup equals 2.5 points.

Hopefully at the end of it we will be able to announce who is the Manager of the year for FM2008.

Who’s the best on these forums then?

It works in much the same way as the European Goldenboot, I have assigned each league and cup an amount of points depending on the difficulty of each league. Simply give us a list of your achievements (proof would be nice but isn’t a necessity, then add up how many points you have won. It isn’t a challenge and obviously there will be some people who will have an advantage as they have gone further than other people, but perhaps they deserve it for dedication.

The only rule is that you can’t have used any software such as FMM or Genie Scout, it has to have been all based on your own managerial ability.

If this is well received then i’ll maybe try something a bit more in depth e.g. points depending on budgets and team reputation. In this one I will only accept points for top divisions and the main domestic cup i.e. FA rather than League Cup, but if it goes well i’ll add the lower leagues and cups as well.

Here’s the points list;

UEFA Champions League - 10

UEFA Cup - 5

Copa Libertadores - 8

Copa Sudamericana - 4

CAF Champions League - 3

AFC Champions League - 3

CONCACAF Champions Cup - 3

Australia - 1

China – 0.5

Hong Kong – 0.5

India – 0.5

Indonesia – 0.5

Malaysia – 0.5

Singapore – 0.5

South Korea - 1

South Africa - 1

Austria - 2

Belarus - 1

Belgium - 2

Bulgaria - 2

Croatia - 2

Czech Republic - 2

Denmark - 2

Finland - 1

France - 4

Germany - 4

Greece - 3

Netherlands - 4

Hungary - 1

Iceland – 0.5

Israel - 1

Italy - 5

Norway - 2

Poland - 1

Portugal - 4

Romania - 2

Russia - 3

Serbia - 1

Slovakia - 1

Slovenia - 1

Spain - 5

Sweden - 2

Switzerland - 2

Turkey - 3

Ukraine - 2

England - 5

Northern Ireland – 0.5

Republic of Ireland – 0.5

Scotland - 3

Wales – 0.5

U.S.A - 2

Mexico - 3

Argentina - 4

Brazil - 4

Chile - 2

Colombia - 2

Peru - 2

Uruguay - 2

Point’s totals for domestic cup competitions are exactly half of the points available for a league win e.g. English FA Cup equals 2.5 points.

Hopefully at the end of it we will be able to announce who is the Manager of the year for FM2008.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

ill use my old career before i lost t(cries)

redditch 2 leagues titles 2 cups(minor) 15 icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Spinal Tap Man, but can't accept that, atm the hall of fame will only include the top division from each country, otherwise League 2 would be worth more points than the Bundesliga. Hopefully this will do quite well and i'll be able to do another one including all leagues, otherwise you're going to have to get Redditch into the Premier League to be included icon_wink.gif

ok no problem, was kind of throwing it in hoping noone would notice, no major acheivements as of yet, i wont give up though. anyway ill leave you top level managers and stop cluttering your thread.

ill be down the pub with the four redditch fans and my pot bellied centre back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw2255:

whats the world cup worth? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't include it because I wanted to see what sort of response this thread got before I went too in depth and wasted my time doing it. The Euro Champs would probably be worth 20 so the World Cup 40, but lets keep it to club teams only for now.

Archived