North America v. Central America

Just a minor complaint: When I send a scout to North America, he should be scouting Canada, the United States, and Mexico. As it stands, Mexico is considered part of Central America in-game, when in reality, Mexico belongs to the North American Football Union. When I'm scouting Central America, I don't want Mexico to be part of the equation. Those countries should be Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama.

To be fair I don't think the "regions" as described in the game were ever intended to reflect the administrative geographical divisions used in football governance.

I'd imagine that anybody in any walk of life (including the scouting of football players) whose work spanned continents would find it logistically easier and more convenient to group Mexico with Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama, than with the States and Canada.

To be fair the OP he's right, Mexico is politically part of North America, but you can restart scouts to get them to bypass Mexico. I do this when scouting regions because scouting of one country is flawed.

That's probably your best bet. Send a scout to Central America and restart him if he goes to Mexico first. You'll get one of the smaller countries sooner or later.

To be fair I don't think the "regions" as described in the game were ever intended to reflect the administrative geographical divisions used in football governance.

I'd imagine that anybody in any walk of life (including the scouting of football players) whose work spanned continents would find it logistically easier and more convenient to group Mexico with Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama, than with the States and Canada.

I'm not sure about that. Mexico is usually classified as "North America" geographically. In the region, its economy is much better than the other Central American nations. Geopolitically, Mexico is closest to the United States and Canada.

Archived