Nobody wants to join me!

Well I'm lying in the headline, people do want to join me (I am FC United), but the level of players interested is extremely low. After 4 straight promotions I am now in the Championship, but due to a very low reputation which is beneath all League 1 and almost all League 2 I am struggling with signing players. Just lost a player to Leyton Orient who is in League 1. They offered 20% of the wage I offered him, but he still chose them...

Anyone struggling with the same for smaller teams?

Always been the real challenge for consecutive promotions, people expect you to have a fall and come back down to earth, but that';s the challenge of it really.

Problem is that after christmas (when I am doing well) players are much more interested in joining me. Then it drops again after promotion...

It is increasing, but IMO not enough. In real life people would notice the progress (I've also reached Semi in the FA Cup) and my reputation would increase much more.

there could be other things holding it back like stadium and facilities

The only thing I can recommend is that you tough it out, focus on surviving in the Championship and work your way up the table at a slower pace. Your reputation will improve the longer you play at this level and with a little bit of patience, you'll be able to challenge for playoffs.

Archived