Leaving contract renewals to assistant manager

Im new to FM, and still a bit baffled by the amount of options available to me. To lighten the load, iv set all contract renewals to be handled by Assistant Manager.

Does this include backroom staff contracts? Most of my staff have soon-to-be-expired contracts. Im worried that if I continue without manually renewing each contract, they will all just disappear.

Also, is it risky leaving contract renewals to the ass. man? He offered some pretty crappy contracts to a couple of players who obviously turned them down.

Thanks (in advance) for any help.

I never delegate contracts to the AM, even not for the youth players, as he accept usually to high wage increases after 20 games. It's not a big issue to make contact renewals by yourself. I usually offer the best players at the start a new contract for 2 or 3 years, but I'm also happy that some contracts are just terminated at the end of the season. You will be reminded 6 and 3 months before the contracts are terminated and you can also react if another club are offering contracts to one of your player or staff member.

doesn't work for backroom staff. out of lazyness i usually let the AM do the contract renewals too, but i've often wondered why. i've seen quite a few starting players leave the club on a free transfer, and rubbish players getting good contracts..i just hate the hassle of renewing 15 contracts every season, it's so repetetive :(

^

agree. contracts are integral to my strategy; i lower the base wage and stack it with incentives as much as possible. i'll pay well if the club have the money but i believe that the incentives do affect a player's motivation. even if they don't in-game that's how i'd do it in real life.also, i tend to tie down good, young players to long contracts so it isn't that much busywork.

Archived