What is the "other" source of income?

Hello forum!

Could anyone explain what the "other" source of income is on the finances page please?

At the end of season one playing as Sheff Utd, they gained around 6 million squid from other sources??? :eek:

Maybe they invested in a seafood restaurant?

Thanks for all your informative and precise answers to my question!!! :D

Seriously though...

Does ANYONE know what the actual "other" sources are for large amounts of income? (6 mill is a big cherry)

I like FM cause of it's realism, and getting 6 mill in the bank just for fun sort of spoils it a bit for me....

Anything to do with rich chairmans???

Cheers big ears! :p

At the end of season one playing as Sheff Utd, they gained around 6 million squid from other sources??? :eek:

IRL they're currently extorting around £5million per year from West Ham Utd (Tevez/Lord Griffiths fiasco), perhaps that could be the bulk of it...

My bad, I thought that was just a guess!

Original ruling http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=123617

£5million a year is the agreement, I think WHUFC have a further two years to pay after this current year.

If you're still with the Vultures in 2013/14, you should see that figure reduce drastically - assuming the above is reflected 'in game', of course (so in that sense you are right, I don't know this is the case for certain).

The books of Man United are out today. For the first quarter (i.e. 3 months) of t h is year the 'other expenses' amount to over £54 million.

Here is a partial explanantion:

Other operating costs

Other costs (ex-depreciation and amortisation) rose sharply up 13.3% year-on-year. Some of this is due to the expansion of the commercial operations and associated costs (the club revealed they pay for some elements of partner companies' advertising, such as the Turkish Airlines TV advert). The other main factor relates to the larger and more costly US pre-season tour.

http://andersred.blogspot.com/2011/11/manchester-united-q1-201112-results-big.html

Clearly there are swathes of expenses at a football club that we'd never think of as obvious, and they do add up.

Original ruling http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=123617

£5million a year is the agreement, I think WHUFC have a further two years to pay after this current year.

If you're still with the Vultures in 2013/14, you should see that figure reduce drastically - assuming the above is reflected 'in game', of course (so in that sense you are right, I don't know this is the case for certain).

Thanks for the info shoome :thup:

I will keep an eye on the income in 2013/14 and see what happens.

Archived