A small question about goalkeeper altribute !

Guest narekmelik

I disagree. Goalkeeper's jumping ability is extremely important. Imagine this situation. You require one goal to qualify your team for the Champions League final. It's the last minute and your goalkeeper storms into the box. Thanks to his spectacular jumping ability, he jumps higher than anyone else and makes a beautiful header. That goal qualifies your team to the final which you eventually win. Isn't the world a wonderful place?

This is typical of SI. There is a huge lack of official info. and a lot of the info that is provided is misleading or confusing.

The manual:-

Aerial Ability

This is a goalkeeper’s ability to deal with the ball in aerial situations – punching and catching. Goalkeepers with higher ratings here will be able to deal with these potentially tricky situations more capably. Taller goalkeepers may have an advantage as well, but that isn’t to say smaller ones will struggle.

http://www.footballmanager.com/webmanual/fm2012/11.2.

No mention that this represents the height a goalkeeper can reach when jumping. Also, why hasn't jumping been removed from the attributes of the goalkeeper, it must suck up some CA?

In website http://www.mantralux.com/quicktips/ i found this :

The Jumping attribute has no effect on goalkeepers. The attribute deciding how high a goalkeeper can jump is the goalkeeper-specific Aerial Ability attribute.

Is it right ? and how can we sure ? i am look forward to your answer

I think Jumping attribute is really important (with strenght) because to enjoy his aerial ability attribute, the keeper must be firstly in the air (thanks a good jumping attribute so). But as goalkeepers with a very low jumping attribute are rare, you can not pay attention for that.

For goal keepers Aerial ability replaces Jumping in the calculation that determines how high a player rises when going for an aerial ball.

Whether he punches or catches is determined by his Punching attribute and if he attempts to catch whether he spills it or holds on to it is determined by his handling attribute.

Jumping is how high your head reaches when attempting a header. Aerial is how high your hands can reach. So I guess when your keeper charges out heading will decide if he can make that spectacularly risky headed clearance or not?

• 4 years later...

Sorry for the necro, but this was the only post I could find discussing this.

Playing FM 2015 LLM, I have noticed that a low jumping reach leads to keepers not being able to dive far across the goal for the ball. Can anyone give feedback on this?

Jumping reach for keepers just affects situations outside their box where they are not allowed to use hands. It comes into play if goalkeeper rushes out and is forced to used head to deflect the ball or something similar. I red this in a guide on another SI supported affiliate site.

Archived