From Land's End to John o' Groats

KippaxBlue

My plan is to travel throughout Great Britain & Ireland and manage a club within each country. I have created a large database which includes the English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh & Northern Irish leagues.

badgetrurocity.jpg

Truro City F.C.

Introduction

Truro City F.C. are an English professional football club based in Truro, Cornwall. They currently play in the Conference South following five promotions in six seasons. They were founding members of the South Western League in 1951 and won the title five times in their history. Apart from a three season spell in the 1970s, when they played in the Cornwall Combination after losing their ground as part of a by-pass development, they remained in the South Western League until 2006, when they joined the Western Football League, achieving promotion from Division One to the Premier Division in their first season. On 23 April 2011 they were crowned champions of Southern League Premier Division and were promoted to Conference South.

Truro were FA Cup regulars throughout the 1950s, but subsequently they were sporadic entrants until a permanent return to the competition in the 2006–07 season, their first appearance in 13 years.

General Information

Nation: England

Year Founded: 1889

Nickname: City

Chairman Status: Loves the club

Legends: Dave Leonard

Icons: Stewart Yetton & Lee Hodges

Favoured Personnel: Kevin Heaney, Joe Broad & Graeme Power

Fierce Rivals: None

Other Rivals: None

Finances: Okay

Average Ticket Price: £10.00

Average Season Ticket Price: £180

Season Ticket Holders: 187

Estimated Value: £250

Media Prediction: 10th

Squad Personality: Professional

Captain: Jake Ash

Vice-Captain: Joe Broad

Board Expectations & Budget (2011-2012)

The minimum expectation is that the team achieve a respectable league position within the Blue Square South this season.

The board has given you a wage budget of £6k per week with no money available for transfers.

Squad

Goalkeepers

Gregory Hartley

Tim Sandercombe

Tom Brooks

Defenders

Arran Pugh

Barry McConnell

Ed Palmer

Jake Ash

Kieren Conibear-Trathen

Ryan Carolan

Scott Walker

Midfielders

Andy Taylor

Cody Cooke

Dan Smith

Jake Marsh

Joe Broad

Les Afful

Martin Watts

Steve Adams

Strikers

Andy Watkins

Barry Hayles

Stewart Yetton

Transfers (Pre-Season Window)

In

Gregory Hartley - Free

Ryan Carolan - Free

Jake Marsh - Free

Out

Lee Hodges - Free

Dan Green - Free

Danny Clay - Free

Analysis

I feel there is clearly some talent in the squad but a clear lack of depth in defence as well as along the left side was an issue that needed addressing which has been solved by signing Ryan Carolan & Jake Marsh. Tim Sandercombe was more than good enough to be starter but Gregory Hartley was just too good to pass up. Lee Hodges was Player/Manager before my arrival so his release was expected and a excess of mid-fielders saw the release of Dan Green & Danny Clay.

I would take a mid-table finish in the first season but if things go our way in terms of injuries I wouldn’t be surprised to be in amongst the play-off spots at the end of the season.

Pre-Season - July 2011

Our pre-season was based locally against teams from Cornwall & Devon which would see us take on teams from two teams from League Two. My main aim was for my starting squad to get match fit before the start of the season as we only had three matches I was forced to accept that the rest of the squad will suffer early in the season but they eventually would pick up fitness playing for the reserves so it isn't a major issue unless I suffer an injury crisis early in the season.

Tiverton 0 - 6 Truro City

Truro City 1 - 1 Plymouth

Truro City 2 - 0 Torquay

Analysis

Almost a perfect pre-season, we dominated Tiverton as expected but the draw against Plymouth came as a surprise especially considering we dominated the game from start to finish. Our win against Torquay was a credit to quality tactics as we were on the back foot for the majority of the game but we managed to survive unharmed until the latter parts of the game where aggressive substitutions allowed us to take control of the game late in the second half and put them to the sword.

Only one negative to come out of the pre-season was an injury to star player Les Afful who won’t miss the start of the season but will enter it lacking match fitness after suffering a bruised rib against Tiverton.

Archived