The changing of the European guard....

I'm in 2011/12 and the following clubs have failed to qualify for the Champions League.....

Man Utd

AC Milan

Inter

Barcelona

Real Madrid

Bayern Munich

Have you ever had a season where so many of Europe's traditional big names aren't in the Champions League?

I'm in 2011/12 and the following clubs have failed to qualify for the Champions League.....

Man Utd

AC Milan

Inter

Barcelona

Real Madrid

Bayern Munich

Have you ever had a season where so many of Europe's traditional big names aren't in the Champions League?

Bayern have been relegated twice during my career game. Man Utd are struggling to make mid-table and Italy is being dominated by Cagliari.

Only Spain seems to have retained the status quo. In almost 20 years the league hasn't been won by anyone but Real or Barca.

I've seen all of those teams fail to qualify at some point but never more than two at once (I didn't load the German leagues so Bayern seem to fail more often than they should), Man United and either one of the Milan teams being the most likely culprits

Just 4 years into my game West Ham, Newcastle and Genoa have all qualified for the Champions League. Napoli were also leading Serie A a while back, while Chelsea were languishing around 14th place. This happens far too commonly and has done for a few games now.

Have any clubs in your games become so much richer than anyone else? Arsenal are worth over a billion in my game, the nearest to them are Barcelona who are just past the 500 million mark.

I've seen Barca and Sevilla fighting each other to avoid relegation. icon_confused.gif

Also seen Athletico Madrid, Schalke and Stuttgart go non-league on 07.

Also on 07 I saw Ajax and Feyernord in mid-table, with PSV in the 2nd division, and AZ by far dominating Holland.

England on 07 was the most consistant in terms of big teams maintaining power, but on 08 it's been different, and only Arsenal seem able to constantly hold their high finishes; although Chelsea sometimes slip and then recover.

On a recent game, Europe was being dominated by Zaragoza, Palermo, Fiorentina and Man City after just a few years. icon_biggrin.gif

Just wait until you get to 2044..... Inter Milan are the most successful champions league side ever, Roma had a period of 4 champs league on the trot, Middlesborough had 3 on the trot, Liverpool have`nt won it for 30 years icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm in November 2016, and the premeirship is continually won by either Arsenal or Liverpool, Man Utd were relegated in 2014, won Championship at first attempt but again this season are in the relegation zone, along with Chelsea. Southend finsihed 4th in 2015, and this season are currently 2nd, behind Arsenal. In the lower leagues the most noticable climb/fall is Exeter who lost in the League 1 playoff final last season.

In Italy some sides have broken through slightly, Genoa finished 2nd in 2016, but apart from that the league has been won 6 times by Inter and AC Milan have won it every other year.

In Scotland, Hearts won the league in 2015 and 2016, the first of these Celtic finished 7th. Greta were runners up in 2014 and Livingston finished 3rd in 2015 but that's about the strangest.

In Spain, Real Madrid have generally been dominant, winning four titles, Valencia have two, Barca have one, as do Espanyol and Gimastic.

In France Lyon are just phenominal. They've won the league every year apart from 2010 (Bordeaux) and 2011 (Marseille). FC Sochaux have been constistantly good without winning the league, finishing second 4 times and have played in a Champions league final. Auxerre are in League 2 and mid-table.

In Germany it's been quite open, 4 titles for Werder Bremen, 3 For Bayern and 2 for HSV. Interstingly Wolfburg are 1st so far this season, with Bremen and HSV both lower half. Dortmund have been relegated but are storming away with the Second Division already.

In Holland it's been mainly Ajax, with Feyenoord winning it in 2010 and AZ winning in 2014 and 2015. PSV (similar to FC Sochaux) have been constistently good by finishing second most seasons, depsite not winning it.

In Portugal, Porto in 2011 and Sporting CP in 2012 have been the only exceptions to Benfica's dominance. Nacional de Madeira finished 2nd and 3rd respectively in these seasons.

In the Campions League Liverpool have two wins, as do AC Milan. Arsenal won in 2013 and have been defeated finalists in the three following seasons. Other winners include Werder Bremen, Juventus, Ajax, Real Madrid and Valencia. Surprise particiapants inculde Man City, Hearts, Palermo, Sunderland, West Ham, Blackburn, Middlesbrough, Atalanta, Reading, Gimnastic, Unirea Urzicena and CFR Cluj. Man City and Atalanta reached last 16 in 2015 while Blackburn were in the semi's in 2014.

In the Uefa Cup, no side has won it more than once, and the winners have been - in chronological order) Tottenham, Zaragoza, Villareal, Lyon, Fiorentina, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Spartak Moscow. Fulham have been in the semi's twice. When Real Madrid won it they beat AC Milan in the final. Sheffield Utd went on a pretty good run around 2010, last 32/16 IIRC

I also have Irish Premier League and the top leagues from Brazil, Mexico, Argentina and USA running, so if anyone is interested in these then I'm happy to provide, as well as info on specific teams.

Archived