FM11 - Options button greyed out

Like the title says. After a fresh Windows install, I re-installed FM11. The game works fine except for one thing. The options button (top right, next to Continue) is greyed out. I can't select it or anything in it so saving, save as, preferences, quit etc. are completely unavailable to me.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? I searched the bugs forum but couldn't find anything.

Anyone know how I might be able to fix this?

Assuming that you installed by disc and not Steam:

A fresh windows install may mean that you still have some old regisrty entries. Unless you reformatted your HD then installed windows there will be some residual registry entries in the Registry. I think that under the tech forum there is a formula/method for removing the registry entries (Regedit etc). It may mean that you might have to reinstall FM (not sure about that).

Thats' all I can think of as to why you have the options button greyed out?

Mind even if you used Steam, that might still be the case re the registry and there is other instructions for Steam users.

Good Luck :)

Hi FrazT.

No background skin. The only thing I changed (using the Preferences button on the main screen) was going into Windowed mode. I just changed it back to full screen but had to do a Ctrl-Alt-Delete to get out of the game with no possibility of a save.

All the other top buttons work fine. It's just the options button.

Archived