Starting a new game with a downloaded database?

The_Parks

I hav the simliar problem too.... i hav heard many ppl said that we should put the database in My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\db, i still can't get it when i open new game.... there is simply nothing for me to choose when i click 'New Game'..

ok... i seem i get the reason of this problem...

I did exactly what the other said.. locate the database on the right place.. but still failed to work.

I didn't install the game... i simply copy the game folder from the other computer.

I think that may be the reason of all those ppl who can;t re-load their create database

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem, however, if you havent already installed the 8.0.2 patch install it, then move your own new databases from their present location (should be C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\data\db) to the new location (C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\data\updates\update-802\db) this should fix your problem and let you play with your own database, as now when you start a new game a dropdown menu should appear asking you to choose a database!

Archived