Advice on reinstalling fm12 on new pc

My wifes 9 year old pc is about to expire so I have seized the opportunity to buy myself a new i7 2600 and, very generously, let my wife have my current core 2 duo machine! I bought the retail version of fm12 and it is activated on steam and in my steam games library. When I go to reinstall on my new pc should I install using disc again, with steam presumably downloading all patches etc or do I just download it all from my steam games library? With regard to steam presumably I will have to set my new pc as primary machine because of valveguard? Advice appreciated. Really looking forward to being able to load a few more playable leagues.......

There's no limit on how many reinstalls you can do, you can install your Steam games from 1,000 different PC's if you want.

When you log in from a different one Steam will send an authentication code to the email address you're registered to Steam with.

Thanks for the advice that has reassured me there should be no problems. Surely if you have bought genuine copy of game (retail in my case) you are not limited to 3 installs? Thought you could play on any pc once you had activated. Presumably you would have to download on each different machine you wanted to play on. Should not affect me but seems harsh policy that may well impact regular globetrotters!

Thanks for the advice that has reassured me there should be no problems. Surely if you have bought genuine copy of game (retail in my case) you are not limited to 3 installs? Thought you could play on any pc once you had activated. Presumably you would have to download on each different machine you wanted to play on. Should not affect me but seems harsh policy that may well impact regular globetrotters!

See my post:D

install via the DVD. Its quicker and cheaper if you have a download limit / excess with your ISP. The patches will auto download via Steam when connected

Buying an I7-2600. Do pm me with you identified rig spec. I plan to do the same next month on the basis of a very similar reason as yours :) I'll get an i7-2600k and an Asus P8268-V mobo so that I can overclock it. Its the GPU cost that scares me !!

Can my friend del from his steam account? he bought the retail CD ver and install but felt he dun like the game so willing to let me have the license at half price but we are not sure how to do the transfer from his steam account to my steam account.

Can my friend del from his steam account? he bought the retail CD ver and install but felt he dun like the game so willing to let me have the license at half price but we are not sure how to do the transfer from his steam account to my steam account.

You can't transfer a license, it's tied to the account that it was authenticated on.

Archived