Referee mistakes anyone?

How many referee mistakes have you been getting? I've had quite a number of goals disallowed for offside that proved to be completely legal.

I've also had a very interesting string of goals allowed against me that were actually offside and of fouls by the attackers the referee forgot to whistle before allowing them to score.

In my last game the opposing attacker scored after mowing down two of my defenders and touching the ball with his hand. It was indicated in the after game referee recap that he made a huge mistake and shouldn't have allowed the goal. During my press conference I blasted the ref and the league didn't even react. I saw a message that said the league had decided to keep quiet as I had been right and the goald should never have been allowed.

Not a criticism against football manager, just wondering what everyone's been experiencing. I do have the feeling the number of refereeing mistakes has gone up.

But hey! Isn't that also the case in our every day, real-life, championships!

i played a game last night and had 2 major referring mistakes, First was the oppositions 1st goal my player got fouled and injured and was picked up by the striker and they scored from it.

The second i was defending a corner and again my player got fouled the keeper punches the ball away deflects off my defender and the striker volleys it in.

Cue Verbal explicit volley at screen from me

I have to say that I've noticed far more fouls in general being called on my teams this year compared to previous FMs. In one of my saves my team is averaging 21 fouls a game. And in a lot of these games where I come near or top 20 fouls the AI gets under 10 fouls.

Refereeing is probably about as good in FM as in most European leagues, and far better than it is in the A-League :)

This I do agree with! I just have noticed them much more in this version. I've also had a couple go my way, but the ratio is very very poor!

It does seem evident that FM could not have perfect refereeing because it really wouldn't correspond with reality, but in that case it should be possible to make a bigger deal out of it after the match is over. Like the press referring to it for weeks after like they do in real life!

I lost my first game in 7 due to a shocking refereeing performance against my local rivals Woking (I was Basingstoke)

We had a pen decision waved away in the 70th min and a goal ruled out for offside in the 96th min (which in my eyes was onside.) We lost 1-0

after the game i got to complain about the penalty (which i did, and the FA were silent on) but to be fair. its the 1st time i've been on the receiving end of something like this for a few FMs. Plus the fact that anyone supporting teams which have played in League one and below over the years can testify that there have been some games with some shocking decisions :D

• 3 weeks later...

Long through ball collected by my goalie, no-one anywhere near him and he slides out of the box. Referee sends him off for handball outside the area. I was astonished that it was a sending off and have never seen anything like this is an FMs down the years. Made me even more angry when an opposition player a few games later handled IN the box and didn't get a booking! Appealed against the decision but didn't win...obviously!

Playing as Sheffield Wednesday 1st Premier League match of the season away at Liverpool had a perfectly good goal ruled out for offside slow motion replay confirms this, went on to lose 1-0 was gutted and no mention of it post match but these things happen every weekend in real world football so i guess its adding to the realism of football.

offsides mistakes mostly,

I had a game where my defender played a direct long pass to my striker, who was onside for like 5 meters and went 1 on 1 with GK, scored, but roled out as an offside !!

some fouls too, but it makes the game more interesting as IRL

I think it's gotten a bit too much this FM. Offside seems to be fine for me, but the amount of penalties that get thrown around incorrectly just gets a bit annoying (not to mention the ones that should've been given and weren't). Remember when I got a new defender, then in the first 2 matches he caused 2 penalties and the ref was wrong in both cases :rolleyes:. Also it's annoying when you got a horrid ref and then the press conference doesn't asks about it once... Darn you! I wanna say how the ref had a rating of 3 and thus a HORRID match! (and since I lost it wasn't in my favor, so I wanna blame the ref! :p)

Long through ball collected by my goalie, no-one anywhere near him and he slides out of the box. Referee sends him off for handball outside the area. I was astonished that it was a sending off and have never seen anything like this is an FMs down the years. Made me even more angry when an opposition player a few games later handled IN the box and didn't get a booking! Appealed against the decision but didn't win...obviously!

Had the same situation) In report it was called "What? A red card for that?")) LOL

I get a few mistakes, maybe more then would be considered realistic, but its apart of the "experiance" i'd say. I get silly offside decisions, and a few "harsh" red cards. (Got one last night in a friendly in pre-season, my striker tackled and got the ball, clearly shown on the highlights. Not sure if it was a referee mistake, or the ME animation was slightly off, or a bug in the commentary)

These things you come to accept. The game is full of bugs, many are for some to stop playing, many are just minor. Im in pre-season of 2016/2017 season with Ajax, seen a few bugs but am enjoying the game as much as i can, becuase it aint gonna change for a little while. :)

I had one last night, my captain got sent off for a perfect tackle, which enraged my two young full backs who had already been booked and ended up losing 3 players in the space of 10 seconds!! I would have been angry at the red card but the two youngsters sent off for arguing bore the brunt of it!!

Archived