FM Stories

Does nobody really bother with FM stories? I looked in the thread and it was absolutely bear. Do people post it here instead? I don't want to annoy anybody, I just am so into FM this year and my career that I want to share stories and get involved in more of a community, instead of pestering my mate who has the game with my ridiculous length texts about tiny aspects of my game! :o

FM Stories Forum & the FM Career Updates Forum. The Stories Forum is for people who write about characters and create storylines which they build upon whilst playing through FM in order to give a big picture. The Career Updates Forum is for those who like to post weekly, monthly and season updates with the goings on from their save :thup:.

Does nobody really bother with FM stories? I looked in the thread and it was absolutely bear. Do people post it here instead? I don't want to annoy anybody, I just am so into FM this year and my career that I want to share stories and get involved in more of a community, instead of pestering my mate who has the game with my ridiculous length texts about tiny aspects of my game! :o

I'd share stories. Although you may have seen mine in another thread, noticed your screen name on that one. I'm a lifelong Barca fan but when it comes to FM, i never start as Barca because lets face it, lately they're too awesome and its boring as a manager, I opted to work myself towards the Camp Nou management. Had my first season with Chelsea, bought Joao Moutinho from Porto for 26 million (great passer and playmaker). Also bought Salvatore Bocchetti (simply AMAZING centre back from Rubin Kazan) for 14 million. As the board was being an asshole I didn't have more money to spend on transfers during the summer, so my rotation policy involved use of a lot of reserve and youth members. Great prospects with Ryan Bertrand and Josh McEachran. In winter I signed Luis Suarez from struggling Liverpool, although he turned out to be pretty useless except on one occasion - Champions League blockbuster semifinal with Barcelona. Scored the winner 3-2 in first leg and we parked the bus in second leg to reach Chelsea's second ever Final. Beat Porto 3-2 after extra time to claim the coveted trophy. Also won the Carling Cup and the Premier league that year, lost the FA Cup to QPR of all teams in the semifinal.

After being European champions, I was looking forward to the second season with Chelsea. Right after the first season ended, Capello offered me the job as Great Britain Olympic Team coach. Its a short term job because you automatically resign from it after the tournament. I took it, and at the start of July 2012 I quit Chelsea because they offered a terrible transfer budget, lacking ambition. I was destined for unemployment for after summer when just a week later, Barcelona approached me after Pep quit the post to coach the Spain National Team. I signed a one-year deal and brought in my Assistant manager from Chelsea (Di Matteo) and defenders Bocchetti and David Luiz from the old team. I left almost the entire pre-season in Di Matteo's hands as I was more focused on the one-time chance of becoming Olympic Gold Medalist (last time Great Britain won the olympics gold for football was exactly a 100 years ago, 1912).

Picking the teams were tough, some of the best young talents in the country were participating in Euro 2012 which ended just before the Olympics with England victorious, and some of the players I had my eyes on had been injured from there. I chose a team mainly consisted of Chelsea and United players, and picked Rooney, Lampard and John Terry for the 3- overage players. The striker partnership of Rooney and Sturridge was destructive. We glided through the competition to the final, where we met the favourites Brazil. Striker partnership of Pato and Neymar says it all, I watched their previous matches and they're absolutely free-scoring. I had prepared and familiarized the team with a just-in-case tactic of 1-6-3 before the competition started. Its what you can call "Mourinho" tactic. You park the airplane and you launch destructive counter-attacks. It worked great, we destroyed them 3-1 with all three coming from counter-attacks.

Right now Im managing Barca, unbeaten approaching December. Top of the league but only by two points, Madrid is equally unbeaten and locking horns in Bernabeu in mid December for the big show down. As I said I only signed for one year. I aim to win everything with Barca then move on to a tougher challenge, hopefully in Italy or back in England.

Archived