Some questions and doubts about the game

Hello everyone, I've recently bought FM 2012, after enjoying FM 2011 and finding it very solid technically and also quite realistic.

I've got some doubts about the new FM 2012 since I've seen quite a few differences and I'm not sure whether these are supposed to be in the game or not:

1) In FM2011 you could have a private chat with your players and tell them what you wanted them to do specifically, for example you could tell one player to shoot precisely in the goal or to pass more, to avoid dribbling players etc. Is this feature still present in the game? I can't find it.

2) The game itself has become very random in my opinion, with players stopping sometimes in the middle of the field or moving to the sides of the field for a cross even though they were completely alone against the goalkeeper after a counterattack action.

3) In the market it has become very hard for my club to sell players, being unable to sell a player worth 30M for more than 35M, while on the other side other clubs set utterly high prices for players that aren't worth the price at all, even if they aren't young anymore and aren't so talented.

4) I enjoy playing the game on LAN with friends, and on FM 2011 I could watch the matches of my friends by going to their club's profile and choosing "matches -> other results", but this feature has apparently been removed from the game, so I can only watch "important matches" that are present in the "other results" general page, which means I can't watch friendly matches or stuff like that. Anybody knows how to watch those?

5) Players tend to ignore my instructions, especially on the attack side, where they shoot from random places, sometimes even near the corner flag, and the results are obviously tremendous...

Thanks in advance :)

1. You have to talk to a coach first i believe, similar to tutoring.

2. I don't think there have been any ME changes so this may be a decision making problem

3. Very few clubs can splash 35 mil on anyone, so if they don't want your guy noone will. I see your point about high prices but its hard to judge as there are lots of things that affect transfer prices.

4. Dunno anything about that

5. Linking into 2, sounds like decision making is poor, try fiddling with the player's Creative Freedom

1 open player and select interatcion. under that there is an option ot do prefered move training

2 it's your tactics the ME is the same

3 all depends on database size and leagues loaded. if there is no itatlian league loaded and your not loading all italian players, the italian teams will want to set high prices due to not having enough selection.

4 sorry can not help here

5 I'd blame this on tactics again

2: this is either tactics or the players have a bad decision attribute.

3: only the top clubs can afford to spend 35m but they will only do it if they need to fill the position the player operates best in. nobody else will bid because the clubs reputation wont be high enough for the player and the cost is too high.

5: i have all my players on long shots rarely apart from my AMC but i have a centre mid who is fairly well known who shoots from almost anywhere in the opposition half. i can only assume players who do that have been trained to do it and its in their prefered moves.

1) I didn't mean the "favourite move" training, since if i'm right that can be used just to train a special ability unique for each player, I was looking for general instructions that can be given to players in order to change their playstyle, and that used to be done through private chats on FM 2011.

2) I guess I'll have to work on a new tactic since I seem to be the only one with such problems :/

3) That means top players are very hard to be sold >.< I'll have to sell medium ones in order to make some money...

On point 5, I'm finding the attacking play in FM12 quite frustrating as well, im managing Rangers and doing well dominating domestically and QF's in europe every year, the team does score lots of goals but there not the goals you would expect to be scored (does that make sense?) one on ones are almost always fluffed and simple opportunities to just go past the central defender and poke it in the net either end up with the striker spinning round and lashing it wide/high or laying it off, also like you say i've seen my striker run to the flanks when he should be holding his position or making an angled run for the very obvious pass he should be about to receive.

I might have missed something really obvious but the private chat thing in 2011 was for prefered moves. Only it would have a fancy talk. 'Old bean, eh, I'd sure appreciate you trying those majestic kicks where you launch your whole body into the air and resemble a common household cutting instrument, guvnor!' would be 'Learn the Tries Overhead Kicks move'. Or am I just confused.

I might have missed something really obvious but the private chat thing in 2011 was for prefered moves. Only it would have a fancy talk. 'Old bean, eh, I'd sure appreciate you trying those majestic kicks where you launch your whole body into the air and resemble a common household cutting instrument, guvnor!' would be 'Learn the Tries Overhead Kicks move'. Or am I just confused.

I agree with this. I'm not sure what you (wegente) mean when you refer to playstyle, if you aren't thinking of preferred moves. The same system is in place in 12, you just talk to a coach about it first.

Archived