AFC Telford - Ceirdiff's Challenge...

Telford_United.png

AFC Telford is a relatively new football club, being created in 2004 out of the remnants of the Telford United. They play in the sixth tier of the football pyramid after beating Nuneaton 3-2 in the play off finals.

AFC Telford plays their home matches in New Bucks Head, Telford, which is one of Britain's largest towns with no league football team.

After getting sacked from the relegated Bath team during my holidays, I took up the newly promoted AFC Telford in an attempt to get them to winning the Champions League. It is also my ambition to win a major international tournament, but this can wait till I've secured AFC Telford as a leading European side.

Some screenshots of my stats as I start my challenge:

Starting stats: click

Initial squad: click

The team looks pretty empty so I'm going to have to bolster that with my youth prospects and some cheap throwaways from other teams. To have any chance of succeeding I'm going to need to be strong tactically with a weak squad.

I'll post an update at the end of every season, and whenever anything interesting happens I'll post that as well.

Thanks guys - I've actually played a season but didn't want to post two updates in one day, so here is season 1's review. AFC Telford have given me a surprisingly high budget, given something more like 5k/week instead of 8k then I might have been shown where a team of their stature should finish - midtable obscurity.

AFC Telford - Blue Square Bet Premier - Season 1

Well, I'm a little bit gutted to be honest. Sure; we massively over-performed but towards the end of the season I really thought promotion was a possibility. Still, the cup win was a nice surprise, hopefully the first of many!

League Table (Top Half)

Gutted to have missed out in the play-off final, we could've won it with a little more luck.play-off final.

FA Trophy

Very nice reward winning this, it's a cup a personally like as I practically always win this in my first season at a cup, heh.

FA Cup

I didn't really care too much for this competition as I stood no chance of winning it. I just played my standard tactics against Chelsea, and got thrashed as a result, hah.

Transfers 1

Transfers 2

Key Players

Nicky Nicholson

Matt Nelson

Josh Scott

Graham Oliver

Tom Cadmore

Manager Profile

Board Confidence

Career Overview

Season        League                   Position                     Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012/13       Blue Sq. Premier         4th                          Fa Trophy

Next Season

Promotion next season is a realistic ambition as I have managed to retain most of my key players. Another FA Trophy win would be nice, but I think the league will be my main focus.

Archived