Any advice for Blue Square N/S?

Get as many players as you can on full-time deals. The training that P/T offers is woeful.

Organise friendlies against better sides to garner some income.

It's a rougher game down in the basement, so keep long ball tactics in mind. Flair gets you a kick in the teeth.

This thread is useful - its for FM11 but the principles are the same.

My tips are:

• Try a simple formation - your players won't be good enough for anything too fancy
  • Players with high pace and acceleration will tear up the league as most defenders won't be able to keep up with them
  • Try and arrange preseason friendly competitions with bigger teams to drum up some cash

- NOBODY IS INDISPENSIBLE!! Get rid of any deadwood or overpaid players. They can be replaced so easily.

- Never hand out long-term contracts.

- Never pay money for a transfer.

- Stick to your wage budget.

- Age is just a number. From 17 or 41 years old - they will do a job at this level.

- Get players who can cover a few positions

- Look through existing squad. See if anyone can be trained to an extra position.

- Loans are ideal. See what you can get.

- Parent clubs are handy.

- Keep staff basic (assistant, coach, scout, physio)

How do I get rid of everyone in the squad? I know I could release on free the deadwoods without contracts.I dont know how to release the others. I also don't know how to choose the replacement for my basic staff. I plan to play a 4-4-2 as usual. Its easy to fill out the parts.

I always follow a simple couple rules with LLM.

your scouts are king! get as high as possible JPA and set them to regional scouting of the uk&ireland.

i always try and get promoted the first season and I can only do this with help of at least 3-4 scouts.

try to stick below age 35 players, the stamina drains after that are immense.

back room staff is helpful but a drain on the wage budget, try and get a good assman with high jpa. grab a physio off the italian national team one of them will always come over. find a good fitness coach.

keep play simple, 442 will keep you going.

pre season friendlies, I always start my game on the wales start date so I can do my preseason frienlies. Make them a league friendly and try and get premire &championship sides to join them. the tv revenue can keep you floating for the whole season. I normally arrange 3 of them per pre season which can net me from 400k-1million

if you do get promoted and have a stadium of less then 4,000 people the FA rules require your club to build a stadium of at least 4k. this will hurt the bank account monthly. see pre season friendlies above.

Archived