Game Breaker

I dont know if this is happening to anyone else, or If its just me. But, I find that so many players retire young. Ive had Ben Arfa (27) Puyol (35), Luke Varney (29) and numerous others in the lower leagues of England retire at a fairly young age.

Is it a bug or simply SI trying to be 'realistic'?

I am browsing through the list in "Retirement" section in the 2075 save but can't find any outfield players who could keep playing at 39 or 40 like Rivaldo, Ryan Giggs, Roberto Carlos. Some of the top players should keep playing over 36, maybe in the lower levels, of course, not a massive amount of them.

I think it's more about whether their clubs keep using them or not. If the big clubs leave them on the sidelines for a year, they tend to retire at 33-34, instead of pursuing new challenges in lower leagues. I believe this is the reason why top players tend to retire at a fairly young age in my holiday save. Only 2 players keep playing over 36 with 150 PA+ and they are all goalkeepers!

They retire when they lose their first team spot.

I didnt play Milito for a season (2nd season) and he announced his retirement at the end of the season saying he had trouble pushing for a first team role so decided to hang up his boots.

Wow, what's his determination attribute? If true, that shows a lack of ambition to fight for his place

Wow, what's his determination attribute? If true, that shows a lack of ambition to fight for his place

Determination is 16.

I sold Milito (with a heavy heart!) because I believe he has low professionalism (and his massive wages). Never trains well and just doesn't cut it any more.

I believe there is a connection between retiring early and 'Definitely not remaining in football after he retires' on their future plans.

My 37 year old over-the-hill striker who had played 1 game up until Christmas broke his leg. I'm now in August and he'll be back soon, he didn't retire. This is in the BSP (part-time wage/player), he's actually on a non-contract (pay as you play). Just putting that out there.

Archived