Emmanuel Adebayor.. the ultimate waste

How in the hell do I get rid of this money sink.

Making $240k a week.

Roughly $25million remaining in his contract (2 more years)

No teams will buy him at a $0 demand because of his wage, and he wont take a mutual agreement to seperate..

I'm about to start my second season and I'm trying to balance the books a bit at man city after nearly completing the big 4 (Won the prem, carling, FA.. Lost the CL in the finals to Real Madrid) and his contract is ridiculous for a reserve level player on my team.

If you're Man City, I wouldn't worry about finances. If you're not going to play him, don't play him. He and Tevez did the same on my save; rotted away in the reserves like dead tree bark.

I will not stand for such shenanigans... even tho its looking like I have too...

How much is the compensation for releasing him? Like I said, money is not an issue at Man City so that might be your only option.

Did the math.. the comp is the same if not 500k more then if I just keep him. Although i think comp comes out of the transfer budget which I have plenty of right now and would help my bottom line.. hmm

Did the math.. the comp is the same if not 500k more then if I just keep him. Although i think comp comes out of the transfer budget which I have plenty of right now and would help my bottom line.. hmm

Try making him an important first team player, offer him a new shorter deal and see if you can save some money that way

Try making him an important first team player, offer him a new shorter deal and see if you can save some money that way

Thats gamey, not my style of play. Probably just gonna wait it out and try to sell him along the way, maybe I'll get one of those "Pay me to leave" situations.

Thats gamey, not my style of play. Probably just gonna wait it out and try to sell him along the way, maybe I'll get one of those "Pay me to leave" situations.

Create a horrible training programme just for him. Max out as much as you can and make it as intensive as possible. Hell, make it an intensive goalkeeper's programme. He'll become desperately unhappy soon enough.

Create a horrible training programme just for him. Max out as much as you can and make it as intensive as possible. Hell, make it an intensive goalkeeper's programme. He'll become desperately unhappy soon enough.

Hahaha , never tried that. It sounds awesome Adebayor the new no.1 for city...

Hahaha , never tried that. It sounds awesome Adebayor the new no.1 for city...

Plus, if you put him on a maximum intensity goalkeeper/fitness programme with no attacking/shooting/set plays etc., his technical stats will drop like a stone, which I justify in a 'serves you right' sort of way and puts him on the backfoot at his next club.

Just play him as a backup he's a tank.

I was about to say this myself. I'm not sure of what his personality on the game is like, so he mightn't necessarily respond well to being used as a back-up rather than a first teamer, however he's a very good player on the game. Obviously not as good as his wage would suggest, but you may as well get something from the money spent than nothing.

when i was trying to get rid of yaya toure i kept telling him to leave using manager interaction, and trying to terminate his contract. i put him in the U18s and had him unavailable for reserves and set up a horrible training schedule. Eventually he agreed to terminate his contract with no cost as he was confident of finding another club! WIN!

maybe, like in my City save, he'll do like Tevez and refuse to play, get fined, then he'll unilaterally take time off and the PFA will wring their hands and admit it's gross misconduct and you may even be able to terminate his contract while holding onto his registration.

no wait, that's not my save that's real life.

i think it's realistic enough that guys like Adebayor and Bridge are tough to get rid of; it's exactly the problem City had last summer (and will have next).

Archived