Under Pressure Manager ? What the ?

Now dont get me wrong, I love Football Manager 2012. However this news item did worry me and also made me laugh just a bit. Now I will set the scene, I am Liverpool manager into my 3rd season. I've won back to back EPL Titles, Champions League last season, Back to back League/FA Cups, Manager Of The Season, Legend of Liverpool FC (well according to the Information tab on Liverpool profile) and well I get the below news story after smashing Manchester City. Mind you I have won 85 games in a row & 133 games without losing.

Now with overall confidence, it currently sits at Very Secure regarding my job. So this screenshot just well think it's a waste of time, surely Liverpool wont be sacking me right ? despite the fans disliking the sale of Jose Enrique

Totally ignore the scoreline, I'm using the condition .dll file with FMRTE but thats another story for another day

Thought I should also mention the board are looking to sell the club.

Would like feedback / thoughts from people regarding this.

image000id.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've had the same problem. 3 consecutive promotions, and I had some idiot observing my matches apparently taking an interest in my job.

Nothing came of it, so I didn't worry. And RTE or no RTE, I don't think anyone would consider you under pressure after a 19-0 massacre.

ah ok,thanks for pointing that out.must of missed that bit :p

yeah, the point of the thread was concerning another manager watching my club and taking interest in taking over, and the media said I was under-pressure despite winning back to back epl titles and back to back league/fa cups

I remember being under pressure in FM11 managing Milan because of a take over, i also got the news bit about my replacement sitting in the stands watching the game, the best part was the person in question was Rino Gattuso who i had just hired as my assistant a few weeks before that, of course he is going to be at the game, he would have been sacked if he wasnt!!!

Maybe your faffing about with FMRTE has confused the AI.

And you just got poor old Moysie sacked - shame on you!

that's ok, I'm sure David Moyes will end up at another EPL club by end of the year in the saved game.

It's not a story for another day though, you can't really expect to edit the game files then complain when something goes wrong.

Yeah but what he has edited should have no effect on the problem he is highlighting.

Anyone who has FMRTE should give it a bash sometime, its funny seeing your centre back scoring a header from the centre circle.

Yeah but what he has edited should have no effect on the problem he is highlighting.

Anyone who has FMRTE should give it a bash sometime, its funny seeing your centre back scoring a header from the centre circle.

The point is we never know what knock on effects changes could have. It probably isn't the cause, but it could be.

The point is we never know what knock on effects changes could have. It probably isn't the cause, but it could be.

Yes, that's the point I was making above.

I highlighted a bug in the bugs forum and SI wanted a savegame. I had to point out that it would be a waste of their time since I use FMRTE. Like this, the bug is completely unrelated to what I changed, but it still invalidates the savegame file as useful to the testers because of possible 'side-effects'.

Yes, that's the point I was making above.

I highlighted a bug in the bugs forum and SI wanted a savegame. I had to point out that it would be a waste of their time since I use FMRTE. Like this, the bug is completely unrelated to what I changed, but it still invalidates the savegame file as useful to the testers because of possible 'side-effects'.

thus the reason I wont upload the saved game. Just wanted peoples views on the mail i received.

Cool. Never been involved with a club who has been taken over. Always wondered what would happen to my manager job, keep us posted!

It's potluck. I've had 2 takeovers already (promotion within & fans trust) and there was never any question about me being replaced. I have had people attenting my games, however. But not in relation to a takeover.

I think the takeovers that are not associated with the local area (i.e. Tycoons and Consortiums) are more likely to want to install their own manager, which can be greatly frustrating if you're on a good run with a club, only to be replaced by the new board. I hated it when it happened to me.

Archived