opponent scout report

Can you be successful picking a tactic to play based on opposition scout report and the highest number of goals they have allowed in said tactic? I was thinking of giving that a shot but i am not sure if that would be a wise decision. So for example, i read the scout report and it says the opponent has given up most goals against a 4-5-1, should i then select that formation? Has anyone done something like this when picking their game strategy?

maybe if it's one of the tactics you use on a consistant basis, but i wouldn't reccomend making a new tactic for each opponent. your team needs to learn the tactic to be good at it, that's why the match prep. is there.

so i guess if its one of the 3 you have trained for, sure. if not, no. myself, i have 3 trained, but i typically only use one that i'm comfortable with. i have another that i use if i have injuries or whatever that force me to because i don't have the players to fit my "main" tactic.

Only change formation if its one of your 3 and the players are competent in it. Otherwise, pay attention to the times they score their goals. For example, if they score a lot of goals in the first 15 minutes, start the match with controlled possession; if they concede a lot in the first 15 mins start with attack, all guns blazing. Check where their assists are coming from - there there a player who needs tight marking/heavy tackling?

" the opponent has given up most goals against a 4-5-1, "

this doesnt make sense at all, let say midway through a season, team have already played some thousands of minutes

however during the only 45 mins that they have faced this formation 4-5-1, they conceded 3 goals, averaging 1 goal conceded per 15 mins.

does that alone enough to mean that they struggle against 451? because the sample is not big enough for a decision.

you certainly won't want to change your familiar 442 to 451 just because of 1 sentence

" the opponent has given up most goals against a 4-5-1, "

SI need to sort this out seriously, in the description , they should include those formation that have some enough minutes to sample before making a decision whether they struggle or excel playing against which formation

Archived