Football Manager 2012 Fustration

Has anyone of you get frustrated in a match? Like your team has created 8 clear cut chances and only scored 1 and your opposition created none and scored 1 too, resulting in a draw. Do you get angry and talk aggressively in your team talk after that?

Well, I do. I'm managing Chelsea and they are a good team, they have been creating lots and lots of clear cut chance. However, they have managed to score a few only. No, it shouldn't be they, it should be he. Fernando Torres, with the finishing of 17, can't even score a goal when 1 on 1 with keeper. Why is this so?

Does any of you guys have this problem and solved it? Would really appreciate your help.

Ive never was manager of such big club. But if things goin like you said, i would say "sympathize". Strikers are really crazy for scoring, if they didnt score they are sad too. Next game will be better. If you really upset with some striker, you can tell him before game that you want more from him. I would do that.

Has anyone of you get frustrated in a match? Like your team has created 8 clear cut chances and only scored 1 and your opposition created none and scored 1 too, resulting in a draw. Do you get angry and talk aggressively in your team talk after that?

Well, I do. I'm managing Chelsea and they are a good team, they have been creating lots and lots of clear cut chance. However, they have managed to score a few only. No, it shouldn't be they, it should be he. Fernando Torres, with the finishing of 17, can't even score a goal when 1 on 1 with keeper. Why is this so?

Does any of you guys have this problem and solved it? Would really appreciate your help.

From the the thread right next to this one that is also about Football Manager frustration...

It has been discussed to death.

Paul has clearly stated on a number of occasions that there is no weighting mechanism against the user as the ME isn't aware of which team the user is managing. There are no super keeper boosts or any form of rubber banding to keep scores realistic. If you are not scoring a high percentage of your chances, it is down to things you are doing, not because the AI is artificially preventing it. Some users have terrible conversion ratios, at circa 1 goal per 12.5 shots. Others have phenomenal ones, at circa 1 goal every 7.5 shots (NB the average in real life is circa 1 in 9-10 shots (depending on the study), AI teams are usually between 1 in 9 and 1 in 11). If all users were at the higher ends, then you'd have a case, but as they aren't, it is something individual users are doing.

The CCCs stat was implemented to try and help users work out why they were not converting. However, it is so liberal in its calculations it arguably makes things worse, as for many of the chances it determines are CCCs, the keeper is actually a huge favourite. I've long argued they need to be far more conservative in their calculation. Ultimately, you need to have an educated, subjective eye. We can use DIJRP's post as an example.

He's argued that because he's had so many shots, he should have comfortably won. However, if you look closely, the best two chances of the match fell to his opposition. In terms of shot position, DIJRP created 5 good chances to Napoli's 2, but their two were better than the best of his five. Statistical analyses of football goals would suggest that Napoli would score 50% of their good chances (in front of goal, in space, circa 6 yards out), whereas DJIRP would score 20-25% of his good chances (not between the posts, in space, 6-12 yards out). Note that the player has to be in space, not closely marked, for these chances to be considered any better than a 1 in 10 shot. We cannot tell from the graphic whether this was the case or not. The expected scoreline is somewhere between 1-1 and 1-2, with 1-1 being the far more likely score. You can then have a subjective argument about how good DJIRP's best chance is versus Napoli's 2nd best chance and make a case for his chances of a 2nd goal being slightly higher. However, it will not majorly change the likelihood of 1-1 being the most common result.

Bolded the important part about CCC's

Archived