Professional Status problem.

I've been promoted into League 1 with a non league club who were semi-pro, on previous FM's, as soon as I've gone into league 2, I turn professional, yet on this game ...nothing. Then nothing for league 1. (fm12)

On the board interaction, the professional status is greyed out and says (club can't afford too) when I hover over it. Yet my balance has always been in the green and is currently £2.4 million in profit.

Just makes the game extremely difficult when my players can't train properly and improve fully and also money situation and getting players to come for part-time contracts. My wage bill is £7k, teams in same division are paying individual players £7k!

Anyone had this problem or can help?

I've been promoted into League 1 with a non league club who were semi-pro' date=' on previous FM's, as soon as I've gone into league 2, I turn professional, yet on this game ...nothing. Then nothing for league 1. (fm12)

On the board interaction, the professional status is greyed out and says (club can't afford too) when I hover over it. Yet my balance has always been in the green and is currently £2.4 million in profit.

Just makes the game extremely difficult when my players can't train properly and improve fully and also money situation and getting players to come for part-time contracts. My wage bill is £7k, teams in same division are paying individual players £7k!

Anyone had this problem or can help?[/quote']

It seems that this is an area where this FM differs from previous incarnations. It may just be a bug so it might be useful to draw their attention to it through the bug sub-forums.

The board will go professional when they believe you're ready, not before. I went to the top division in Norway and had to go a year as a semi-pro club before the board announced we would go professional.

I believe that in England all L2 sides are forced to be professional, or this used to be the case anyway.

Are you the same person I replied to yesterday, who had the same issue being promoted into League Two? The game nearly always turns part-time teams into full-time when they get promoted to L2, so it is VERY strange that you've got as far as L1.

Have you used an editor at all? If not, and it's ruining your enjoyment of your save, you might consider using FMRTE (real-time editor) to change it to full-time status.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived