Dirt pitches

Of course, the next logical conclusion is that when the ground gets sold so a Tesco Superstore can be built on it, FM will show you playing your matches in a car park.

"Jumpers for goalposts, rush goalies... marvellous." - Ron Manager

There are a lot of pitch types available in the game:

Grass

Synthetic (hard and soft type)

Gravel

Clay

Sand

and a combination of Gravel/Clay/Sand

Its possible to change the pitches in the editor, if you want to test it out.

Of course, the next logical conclusion is that when the ground gets sold so a Tesco Superstore can be built on it, FM will show you playing your matches in a car park.

"Jumpers for goalposts, rush goalies... marvellous." - Ron Manager

Haha, I'd like to see that! Cars for stands and trolleys for the lines ;)

Ron Manager = LEGEND :applause:

Most amateur clubs in Portugal and Spain have gravel, clay or sand (though all hard compacted surfaces), certainly in southern parts of those countries. It's simply because grass is very expensive and hard to maintain to a high standard, whilst installing astroturf can be very expensive.

Although I've little knowledge about the lower leagues in Portugal (Vialonga in the image being a Portuguese amateur team), in Spain you'll rarely find anything other than grass or synthetic pitches at any club beneath Segunda B level.

As a side note though, having played in a local amateur league on gravel pitches in Granada province for a village team, I can say this... you soon learn not to slide tackle... *ouch*

Archived