Whole team falls apart when one player gets injured.

So I managed to get promoted to Blue Square Premiere with Worcester and in one of the friendlies of the new season one of my strikers get injured for 2-3 months. I got a decent team for the division so I didn't worry too much as I felt I had cover for him and also had a great striker joining me on loan from my parent club. My team however suffers a total meltdown and we only manage to get 2 points in our first 10 games. My striker comes back and we rapidly climb to the middle of the table with 5 losses in the following 23 games when my striker gets hurt midgame and is deemed to be out for 3-4 months. Given the good form of my team and the fact that a few of my strikers has shown really good form I once again believe that it wont be a total disaster and once again I'm proven wrong my team totally crashes. If it was just my attack that faltered I wouldn't be too surprised but suddenly my defenders can't clear a ball, get a tackle in or win a header, my midfield is totally moving out of positions and misses even the easiest passes. If the player had been my captain or some other high influential player I could understand them being abit lost out there, but it isn't. Anyone got any ideas on how to sort the team out as I know they are a lot better than they are showing.

Archived