Blessing in Disguise - Getting the Chuff!

Started my usual save playing as Liverpool and leading them to all sorts of glory. On FM 11 this included 9 straight league titles and an astonishing final season winning all 7 trophies (Charity Shield - Champs League and everthing in between). So with the ME basically the same i set to work to replicate last years glory.

I decided to keep the team as it is and not sign anyone. Big mistake right off the bat! Andy Carroll went 17 games without a goal and about 2 months wageless :D The boy is the biggest waste of space ever! Actually enjoyed fining him and agressivly telling him its all his fault.

This sort of form resulted in my team being 4th by March and out the cups. I thought it would be fine but after a 3-2 defeat away to Man U i was shown the door. Months went by with every big team laughing at the thought of me being their manager. Mrs Manager never had it so rough! :D

Eventually i lowered my standards and took the best job going, Leicester bottom of champship 10 games into the second season. The team i inheritated was a playoff side bereft of confidence. One flukey win away to brighton was all that was needed to change that. Over the 36 games that remained that season we gained 74 points getting 2nd position on the final day of the season as 3 other results went in our favour. Never been more happy playing this game!

This save has been the best iv probably ever had, would never expected to get sacked before this and im sort of upset as I know its not going to happen again. The AI will get weaker over the next few seasons and my Foxes will go on to win everything. My best seasons are over before iv even won a trophy. Its a shame but i suppose i will just go back to enjoying the game the way im used to - winning everything with style.

Anyone else been sacked and made a great save out of it? i highly reccomend it :)

A few posts around here have expressed similar accounts of the high expectations for Liverpool, given the actual quality of the team at present.

In my current save, I started unemployed in South America, and could not (despite a brave attempt) save Progresso (2nd Div Uruguayan league) from the drop. They only had 2 points from the first half of the season when I joined them. Board were still satisfied with me at the end of the season, but as there is no playable Uruguay 3rd div, that was it for me. Now almost have Chilean side Cobresal back up to the 1st div. Not bad for a team from a small mining town of 7,000 in the middle of the desert.

Carroll is the main reason Liverpool are so difficult to play as this year round. The ME in the top league works best with Pace & Acceleration and Technical Ability in the stats most needed for the players position. He just doesnt fit the bill. The boy was born 25 years too late!

Archived