Slow steam download... any tips?

Hi all

First time on the forum in years, so bear with me. Haven't bought the game for years either but was still playing my old version up until last week. Tonight I came over all FM-ish and decided to buy the game! Steam's downloading now, but I'm only getting 100-150KB/s, which means it's going to take a few hours. I can normally get speeds in excess of 1MB/s on torrents. Is the slow Steam speed likely to be due to the sheer number of people buying the game (hopefully!), or is there anything I can try to speed it up?

Not a complaint at all - I'm just itching to play!

Now off to watch the last episode of Spooks while this downloads... but will refresh here and there so would appreciate your suggestions!

Having some unusual slow download speed as well, at the moment.

I'm normally on 1.4MB/sec but now it's on 250 KB/S.

You can try the above fixes but it could also be the Steam server's are having lots of people leaching them now with the release of MW3,I normally have between 2.0mb-2.6mb per second but when a AAA+comes along or a Steam sale that can drop quite a bit.

You can try the above fixes but it could also be the Steam server's are having lots of people leaching them now with the release of MW3,I normally have between 2.0mb-2.6mb per second but when a AAA+comes along or a Steam sale that can drop quite a bit.

My initial thought was that it's because of MW3. Haven't tried changing the region. Might as well give it a go.

Cheers :thup:

Most likely because of MW3. Selecting a US (Los Angeles) as region (i'm in Sweden), gives me a faster download, at the moment.

Probably going crazy with the downloads here in Scandinavia now :D

Thanks again for the tip.

Archived