After downloading latest update, it says proccesing installation 0% Help please

Right, bought the game and installed via disc soon after release. Had not any problems with steam till now as I downloaded the latest 12.04 update and apparently latest steam client update as well.

the file was 63 MB large.

So I am now trying to launch FM 12 and it say "completing installation 0%", then stops and says steam servers are too busy to handle your reequest for Football Manager 2012, error code 3.

How can I fix this?

Obviously i can't play the game.

If this info is any use, data editore works fine.

Try to verify your game cache. Right click FM12 in steam, select properties, then select LOCAL FILES tab, and select verify integrity of game cache. Let it run it can take a ittle while and see if that does the trick. If that fails then update the steam client again from the steam menu on top left. And finally if that doesnt work delete the file clientregistry.blob and restart steam. Hopefully that helps.

Be sure to be online... I have the same problem (Updating to 12.0.4 and updating Steam at the same time), and I had a "busy servers" error and the same "completing installation 0%", juste because I switch to offline mode directly after having downloaded the two updates (But not installed).

I don't remember if I first launch FM2012 after these updates then close FM before turning to offline mode.

Since I'm pretty sure I'm not clear, follow these :

- Turn back online with Steam.

- Wait a moment to be sure FM and Steam updates are completed.

- Launch FM, and close it.

- Switch offline

- Launch FM and play it, I should be ok now.

Raccate, I may have turned it into offline mode myself not sure.

your steps

1Turn back online with Steam. So. I restart steam in online mode, right.I noticed there's also a online/offline setting with friends mode, but this doesnt matter here, correct?

2. when you say wait a moment how do I make sure FM and Steam updates are completed now? I checked Steam Client update and it says it already is up to date

Oh and I did wait originally more than 10 minutes before launching the game.But where do I check if fm 120.4.update is completed?

3. so i launch FM and close it? Should it still say installation 0% when I'll be closing it at that time or should the game already be running normally.

thanks for the help all, apprecciated.

I wasn't sure my help will help you, since the problem I had wasn't exactly the same as yours (Even if I had the "completing installation 0%" too).

The good thing is you can now play again FM2012. So enjoy the game ! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I downloaded an update 12.07 by steam, it says also that there is a individual training for a goalkeeper, stop ball...something like that, but when I load the game there is none whatsoever, also when i want to check my current version it says 12.04, little bit odd, I did shut down steam after the update and start my game, but nowhere 12.07....verry odd!

Archived