TCR-The Championship Revolution 2008

tcrbanner2be8.jpg

Welcome to the TCR-The Championship Revolution 2008 clan thread. This is the clan’s first crack at fm online. The clan pits seven managers to battle it out on a weekly basis to try and become the best ever manager in the Premiership. We are a clan which is about competitiveness and banter. Hopefully all managers will become successful premiership veterans as they all start in the English championship and hope to work their way up.

Clan Details

Session Times-Monday 7-11, Tuesday 7-11, Thursday 7-11

Patch-8.0.2

Connect via Hamachi

Starting League-English Championship

The Managers

Donovan Robertson-Crystal Palace

Lewis Hawley-West Brom

Ed Faulkner-Wolves

Brian Alvarez-Ipswich

Kevin Beckley-QPR

Michael Mcgerty-Norwich

Paul Barker-Southampton

Season Reports will be posted at the end of each season by all managers participating in the TCR Clan. However, I will update this thread with the latest stats after each Thursday session on a weekly basis. Please feel free to get involved in discussions that might take place in this thread even if you are not in the clan as there is no harm in having an audience. If you wish to be considered in TCR please check out our website and apply there. Our website also include stats on the game including manager profiles, season histories and much more.

Links

TCR Website

tcrbanner2be8.jpg

2 Places Available

Following Michael McGerty exit from TCR we now have two places available. Please note we are at about the 12th league game in the season. So if you are interested please check out our website =www.thechampionshiprevolution.tk]www.thechampionshiprevolution.tk for further details. We have had several applications so please take this into consideration should you not be offered a place. An announcement for the two new clan members will be made on Sunday.

Originally posted by Wit_Gravy007:

i have applied 2 join so plz let me know asap. i have plaed online before and played wit Donovan so ask him if u want a reference. ty

When using these forums please post in proper english and not text speak thanks.

Beckley mate yeah it was a good win over me but are you still in the league cup young chap? 2 minutes let me check the draw...... oopss nope your not :p

You just occupy yourself with the mikey mouse cup small fry, whiles I set about steam rolling you again!!! QPR.....ARE GOING UP!! GOING UP!! GOING UP!!

tcrbanner2be8.jpg

TCR Weekly Update 1

It was a great opening week for TCR which saw us complete 13 league games. Below is screenshots of the current standings.

Championship Table

championshiptablegu9.th.jpg

Championship Player Stats

champlayerstatsjj6.th.jpg

League Cup

leaguecup1ti5.th.jpg

Oh Lewis don't count your chickens to early my friend!! You ain't won anything yet!! Just had a peek at the screen shots, lowly 3rd place in the league compared to my superiour 2nd lol

And please note that your boys are all low on the plater stats, I've 3 of the best four players in the league along with the most lethal strikefore.....SUPER QPR, SUPER QPR much better than lowly West Brom

tcrbanner2be8.jpg

2 New Members

TCR welcomes two new clan members. Wayne and Darren were the two lucky applicants who will be making their TCR debut in tomorrow session. We hope to see the pair get stuck into the action and make their names known. For those who didn't make it, we are sorry we couldn't offer you a place but please keep a look out because places might become available in the future.

Beckley your QPR side is just an inform team. Take out Stancu and Piatti and it is a league 1 side :p. My Crystal Palace side has what it takes for a REAL promotion push and I have cash in the piggy bank for January if I want to splash out so watch out. And Lewis your WBA side will pay for your back to back wins over me in the league cup and league.

Sounds like Donovan has big plans to finish high up in the league. Maybe 15th will do this year for you icon_smile.gif then next year you might improve to 14th if your lucky. I do agree with don about q.p.r being an inform side. Beckley mate you dont have the same strength in depth as other people and if you splash out in jan on more players it could disrupt the rhythm of your team. You just need to hope that one of either piatti or stancu dont get injured or it could all go T*** up! icon_biggrin.gif

Looks like Don has big plans for his team this year. Aim for about 14-16th Donovan mate thats about as much reality as you need! I do agree with Don about Q.P.R though. You dont have the same strength in depth as others Beckley mate and if you splash out in jan its going to disrupt any rythm you might have later on in the season. cant wait for the season to unfold its going to sort out the children from the big boys icon_smile.gif

Portman Road, Ipswich Town (Associated Press)

The Special One Reporting here..after missing the crucial session 2 (beginning of the campaign)..i manaaged to bring up those tractor boys from 14th-6th.. After bringing in a lot of new faces this transfer window, I feel that i have the depth and players to make a push to the top

Ipswich Town to the Premiership

I am...The Special One

Lads I hope you now realise that my QPR team are more than just lucky 26 games in and still sitting 2nd in the league? Also would like to say that Piatti hasn't made an appearence since October team, though with the likes of Fleck and Sarmineto just signed should be fine thanks. Jealousy will not get you any where lads, and I still believe that I am yet to lose to any rival managers other than Paul!!

Come on lads lets try get the first season completed tonight :).

Woo we did it finished the season, just the playoff final to go now. Two users aswell Ipswich v West Brom.

One more thing to say, Southampton = 'Champions Champions Champions Champions' sorry could not resist lol

TCR Season 1 Review

TCR completed its first season on Monday and here are the details and statistics for the season. It was an exciting season which saw an all user playoff final and three clan managers promoted to the premiership.

Championship Table

championshiptablely3.jpg

Championship Player Stats

championshipplayerstatstr3.jpg

Managers Progress

Paul Barker (Southampton)

Championship-1st

FA Cup-6th Round

League Cup-4th Round

Kevin Beckley (QPR)

Championship-2nd

FA Cup-4th Round

League Cup-2nd Round

Lewis Hawley (WBA)

Championship-3rd

FA Cup-Semi Finals

League Cup-Quarter Finals

Brian Alvarez (Ipswich)

Championship-5th

FA Cup-6th Round

League Cup-2nd Round

Donovan Robertson (Crystal Palace)

Championship-8th

FA Cup-4th Round

League Cup-3rd Round

Wayne Hamilton (Barnsley)

Championship-13th

FA Cup-3rd Round

League Cup-N/A

Darren Metcalf (Colchester)

Championship-15th

FA Cup-4th Round

League Cup-N/A

Top 5 Clan Transfers

1. £4m-Jorge Valdivia (Palmeiras to Norwich)

2. £3.8m-Jay DeMerit (Watford to Ipswich)

3. £3m-Bogdan Stancu (Unirea Urziceni to QPR)

4. £3m-Rafael Carioca (Gremio to QPR)

5. £3m-Merouane Zemmama (Hibernian to Ipswich)

Unfortunatley Darren Metcalf will no longer be participating in the clan due to work commitments. We thank him for his short stay in the clan and wish him well in the future :). Which means TCR might have one place available so check this space.

Hello Everybody,

I am the new Watford manager I was very lucky on the randomiser i got a good club who were in the playoffs I had a very mixed start with a few wins and a few losses but getting arsenal as a parent club was a big positive but at the moment can't remember which players i got lol.

looks like sunderland and reading have already ran away with the league so its out of the play offs and at the moment its out of me and lewis west brom manager ill speak to you on monday night after the sessions CANT WAIT

I have been given Colchester by the randomiser, which is kind of unlucky but on the plus side they are not in any debt which means I can make some decent money and buy some quality players. Will keep you all informed

Archived