SI: Player ask values crazy variation - BUG?

In the previous couple games I started, I always used to buy Thiago Silva on the first transfer window for around 40m euros. Today I tried starting a new game on an older laptop and found out that Milan wouldn't even discuss a bid of 40mil for the player. Using FMRTE I found out that they actually want 230m(!!!) for him. Puzzled, I started trial and error creation of new games and came to the conclusion that his asking price goes from 43mil to 230mil if Serie A is not enabled as a playable league.

In the limited time I had to test it, I discovered that database size/retaining players is irrelevant. His asking price would be 230m if Serie A is set as view-only or not selected at all, dropping down to 43m if it's selected as playable. I don't know what's exactly causing this, I can speculate it has something to do with the club manager/chairman's business attributes that don't fully take effect if the league is not playable or it's downright a bug. The thing is that right now I can't really shape my team the way I want to without enabling an additional league and dropping my PC's performance even further and most importantly I don't know how extensive this problem is. Would appreciate an official answer on what's causing this.

It's not a bug - if the league isn't loaded, far less players are loaded into the game.

This means Milan are more likely to want to hold on to the players they have and their value is pushed up.

£230m is their way of saying "this player is not for sale under any circumstances".

This was my original thought, which is why I tried retaining all italian players, enabling 10 additional nations to get up to a 50k players database and various other stuff; nothing affected it. His price was always 230m until I enabled Serie A as playable. To triple check I tried starting a game with only Serie A enabled and nothing else and a small database (4k players). His price was again down to 43m as it should.

This was my original thought, which is why I tried retaining all italian players, enabling 10 additional nations to get up to a 50k players database and various other stuff; nothing affected it. His price was always 230m until I enabled Serie A as playable. To triple check I tried starting a game with only Serie A enabled and nothing else and a small database (4k players). His price was again down to 43m as it should.

When you say that you retained "all Italian players" does that mean that you retained "all players based in Italy". If you didn't do that then you probably should, just to see if that works.

When you say that you retained "all Italian players" does that mean that you retained "all players based in Italy". If you didn't do that then you probably should, just to see if that works.

Yep, tried that too. And I just did it again to be sure, no change. 37k players in the database and Milan still can't find a replacement. 230m it is :p

Let's try and be a bit serious here shall we. The amount of players obviously has nothing to do with it. With as low as 4k players if Serie A is enabled the price is fine. It's obviously a bug and it obviously doesn't affect only the particular league and player, it's just that I happened to observe it there because I tend to do very specific transfers in my games.

I wouldn't call it a gamebreaking bug (yet) but it's a pretty nasty one. Clubs refusing to let go of their players for a reasonable price unless the league is set as playable is a pretty big deal in my book.

Let's try and be a bit serious here shall we. The amount of players obviously has nothing to do with it. With as low as 4k players if Serie A is enabled the price is fine. It's obviously a bug and it obviously doesn't affect only the particular league and player, it's just that I happened to observe it there because I tend to do very specific transfers in my games.

I wouldn't call it a gamebreaking bug (yet) but it's a pretty nasty one. Clubs refusing to let go of their players for a reasonable price unless the league is set as playable is a pretty big deal in my book.

Even when the league is set as playable the AI take the mick! £120M for Goetze no thanks ;)

Yeah, fair point. Seems a bug.

Clubs asking for "xxx million = He's not for sale" bids is a whole different thing.

37k players isn't really a lot. Get it up to about 75k players and try again.

Just to entertain that notion, I started a game with every single nation selected, all players based in italy retained, large database, pretty much everything on except Serie A which was set as view-only; 175k players iirc. Unsurprisingly, the sale value remained sky high. Time to report it to the bug forum then and wait for the next patch!

Archived