Steam issue - can't load fm12

Hey guys,

Please direct me to the relevant topic if this has been posted..

Once I load STEAM, and click on fm12 - usually it would load fm and I'm in the game. Sadly, it now doesn't..

The little box that says 'loading fm12' quickly appears then disappears. The game simply won't load.

Tried logging out of STEAM then back in - nothing.

Can I note that I bought the game directly from STEAM, so I don't own a disc.

Please guys! Help!

Tom

FIrstly how long have you waited after the box goes away? Silly question I know but sometimes mine can take about 15 secs before any screen comes up. Secondly have you tried verifying the itegrity of the game cache? Worth a try if you haven't. Have you changed anything on your comp since last playing? Or any unknown downloads crept onto comp? Definately restart comp if the first two fail. If then not working I would suggest then going to msconfig and minimizing the amount of start programs you have start up, just to ensure nothing is conflicting, just ensure you dont shut down anything important (depends on how familiar you are with doing this really).

Cheers for reply lads,

Have restarted my comp - which is a MAC if that makes any difference (as you mentioned MSconfig).

I wait quite a while I suppose. When I quit STEAM it says I'm running FM12 so can't leave. So have to 'force quit'.

Hmmm..

Well hoping it is the same for a MAC, but find Fm12 in your library on STEAM and right click (or hold mouse or whatever it is nowadays on a MAC), and goto properties, it should open a box with some tabs, click on the LOCAL FILES tab, and the select the button "Verify Integrity Of Game Cache..." Let it complete, be warned it can take a while, or it can be very fast depending on if it finds anything, but most importantly let it finish, if you dont then you will have to do what my next piece of advice is....which is uninstall the game and reinstall (back up your save games though in another folder before you do).

Cool, cheers Liam. Will try that shortly later or tomorrow.

Actually unsure how to uninstall in a MAC! I love macs, but the only thing that Windows is better for, is making things clearer! So..will have to look up how to uninstall properly!

Cheers for your assistance. Happy FM'ing!

No probs, my wife is a Graphic Designer and thinks that MAC's are god's gift to the computing world!!! ;) But I haven't got a clue how to use them!! Definately more stable than PC!!!!!! Uninstalling should be located in the same place where you verify on STEAM, just select delete local game content....again never seen STEAM on a MAC, I'm sure it looks more shiny!!!! Good Luck and let me know if you get it working!

Archived