Specific Scouting - How to scout all players from a nation? (Especially the Basque region)

Hi there

I chose to manage Athletic Bilbao, and as most of you know, Bilbao can only purchase Basque players.

So I wanted to send my scouts to create reports on all Basque players. (I want them to deliver me their ratings)

I think the game does not let me do this. Instead, each time, I have to send the scout to rate the players, individually.

So I decided to send my scouts to scout all the teams in the Basque region (one by one, manually) and I wanted them to deliver me ratings of all players (Basque or not) from those teams.

The game wont let me do that neither.

So, a solution for that? A future fix? Or am I missing something? Thank you.

Did you send a scout to scout Spain for players with Basque nationality? I've never had any issues with scouting for Athletic, though I haven't used them in FM12.

Yes, and the search only takes one day and they come back with 2-3 players, mostly goalkeepers.

If the search comes back in one day it means the scout already has 100% knowledge of the area and doesn't need to spend longer on the search.

If it only comes back with a few players, those are the only ones anywhere near good enough for your team.

I don't like the way this works, but that's how it works.

If the search comes back in one day it means the scout already has 100% knowledge of the area and doesn't need to spend longer on the search.

If it only comes back with a few players, those are the only ones anywhere near good enough for your team.

I don't like the way this works, but that's how it works.

Well I do not want my scout to decide which player is good enough for my team.

I want the guy to give me a list with all the players and their ratings, and I will be the one to decide if that player is good or not.

Right now I am looking for a subtitute for Fernando Llorente. ( I need a guy that is physically similar, that's all.) My scout can choose not to report me a player as he does not like that player's technical or mental ratings.

But I only wish to have a physical player for a back-up solution, that is all.

So my main wish remains: SI, please add a scouting function to scout all players from a nation.

I really do not want to play the game with all the attributes unclouded.

The workaround would be to sign a non-spanish scout to do that assignment, he will complete it and find more reports than a usual spanish scout with 100% knowledge.

Then, let the knowledge decline before starting the assignment again.

Really hope it's something that it's fixed soon :\ It makes scouting nearly useless on the lower leagues.

As far as Llorente goes, and in terms of attributes and that target man role he is so good at, no other Basque player comes anywhere near. Athletic already have Gaizka Toquero as his back up and that's as close as your going to get. That's not to say a new player can't be spawned though.

But hey, it just means that you have to have backup tactics available if Llorente is unavailable or you want to sub him.

The workaround would be to sign a non-spanish scout to do that assignment, he will complete it and find more reports than a usual spanish scout with 100% knowledge.

Then, let the knowledge decline before starting the assignment again.

Really hope it's something that it's fixed soon :\ It makes scouting nearly useless on the lower leagues.

That might work, but I really would prefer NOT to use any workarounds. It would take the realism out of the game if I send my turkish scout to find me Basque players, instead of sending my current scout group of proud Basques. :)

If changing game code in order to "scout ALL players of a nation" is hard to do, then simply Sigames programmers should give the manager the option to "scout and deliver ratings of all players of a certain team"

As far as Llorente goes, and in terms of attributes and that target man role he is so good at, no other Basque player comes anywhere near. Athletic already have Gaizka Toquero as his back up and that's as close as your going to get. That's not to say a new player can't be spawned though.

But hey, it just means that you have to have backup tactics available if Llorente is unavailable or you want to sub him.

Thanks for the advice. I'm aware that there are no strong/tall Basque players, half as good as (technically) as Llorente, but nevertheless, I want to play with a physical presence in the box, and I'm sure there are Basque players in the game with at least 15 heading, 15 strenght and around 1m90cm.

My problem is, again, I can not tell my scouts to find me a striker like that, nor I can ask them to scout Basque teams, nor I can ask them to deliver me the ratings of Basque players.

So I guess I won't be able to do that and just have to wait. Thanks for the replies, and enjoy the game.

(By the way, gamers who want to manage Mexican side Chivas, who can only buy Mexican players, may experience a similar problem. So a future fix would make these Chivas Guadalajara fans happy too :) )

your looking for a spanish player thats around 6'5''? you can understand why your struggling right? llorente is a rarity and finding another quite like him could prove impossible, may i add, if you go to the player search and highlight all the players (with unrealistic filter on) and scout them all wouldn't that work the same way? wouldn't it result in a scout report of every single basque player that would join the club...although i'm not sure at the moment if you can scout that many people

your looking for a spanish player thats around 6'5''? you can understand why your struggling right? llorente is a rarity and finding another quite like him could prove impossible, may i add, if you go to the player search and highlight all the players (with unrealistic filter on) and scout them all wouldn't that work the same way? wouldn't it result in a scout report of every single basque player that would join the club...although i'm not sure at the moment if you can scout that many people

Around 1m90 for a Basque striker is not much to ask. I would take a 1m85 striker with good jumping skills too.

I repeat, I know I CAN NOT find the "new" Llorente. I just want a target striker nearly as physical as him.

Yes, I also know I can disable the rating filter, but this would take the fun/reality out of the game and make scouts almost useless.

I'm sure I can send my scouts to report all Basque players in approx. a year; after which I would be much at ease during the transfer periods.

Again, if this option is hard to implement; I think that the ability "to scout all players of a certain team and deliver their ratings" is a must. There is no such option in the game, which is a pity.

Archived