IPhone 4 / IPad 2 / PC Compatability

• SI Staff
It is also to do with the databases, FMH only allows 11 playable nations and a small samplar of players from the PC version so you will be missing some.

Sorry Dec, but nothing to do with that - its to do with them being different games ... the save game format is entirely different, also its not really viable to have huge save game files on the handheld platforms (there is a physical size cap on PSP game save game files for instance).

Not really, it is possible. One of the older Fifa's (I think 07) you could play the game on the Playstation 2, before transferring the save across to PSP and continuing it.

FIFA is the same game but on different consoles. With the same database.

FM and FMH are different games. With a different database.

• SI Staff
I'm not saying it can happen, I understand that it wont. But it is unfair to call it a daft question seeing as PSP-PC/PS2 compatibility has been done before.

Definitely not a 'daft' question - however because of the disparate power of systems and what they can handle in terms of processing and memory it isn't viable at present.

that's why they called it with a different name in order to make a distinction between the two. FIFA for Pc, PS3, PSP are very similar games thus that's why they sometimes allow transferring of files form one to another. As it stands with FM, they are totally different games, they are just produced by the same company, have the same franchise name and is based on the same scenario, however they are 2 different games.

Archived