Lower league club with lots of money!

Fleetwood Town. Something like four promotions in their last six seasons. Their chairman Andy Pilley has pumped a lot of money in. Not sure how much you get to spend but they certainly have money to burn.

Gateshead also have an owner who stumps up the cash.

Truro City in the BSS? I dont know for sure and can't check as I am at work, but they have had a lot of money pumped in to them IRL to get them to where they are (multiple promotions in recent years and a new stadium on the way), so this may well be reflected in the game.

Truro City are currently facing a winding-up petition. Probably not going to give you very much to spend.

Didn't know that. How things change so quickly in football. This makes me more intrigued to see what state they are in within the game.

Truro City are currently facing a winding-up petition. Probably not going to give you very much to spend.

Aye, and the owner is the dodgy geezer who tried to by Plymouth but was blocked by vigilant fans.

The lower league clubs that actually have a minor sugar daddy component in FM are Crawley [dirty money!] and Gateshead. Possibly Fleetwood - can't remember.

If you fancy a lower league experience outside England, with a club that's got some money to play with, give Cádiz CF a whirl in the Spanish Segunda B4 division.

You'll start with no transfer budget and near maxxed out wage budget, but by mid-August there's usually a nice cash injection from the board. For me this pumped just shy of 3m in the transfer budget, which can also be adjusted to allow nearly treble the wage budget. :)

There's a Swiss team called Something Xamax. They have a foreground sugar daddy iirc and they get given alot of money. Not a lower league team as such but due to the standard of Swiss football, there's definitely a challenge there.

But probably only until the next data update, as the owner of Xamax is a very dubious person and there is a good chance that the club will not survive...

I am looking for a club with a lot of money, like Rushden back in the day, and the club needs to play i an lower division, like Rushden back in the day.

Regards Anders

IRL Fleetwood and York were the big spenders last summer, I also think Mansfield have a fair bit behind them and I assume Luton with their crowds

Here are some teams with underwriter sugar daddies:

Vestjaelland (Danish First Division)

HKFC (Hong Kong Second Division)

Gateshead (BSP)

Alloa (Scottish Third Division)

Background:

AS Cannes (CFA)

Crawley (L2)

Goztepe (Turkish 3rd Division)

Foreground:

South China (Hong Kong First Division)

Neuchatal Xamax (Swiss Super League)

Fuli (Chinese National First Division)

I know that Xamax aren't a lower league club but they could provide a fun game nonetheless.

I have been manager at Boreham Wood (I'm not a fan just randomly picked them!) now for 3 seasons, gave them a very small booster fund of 3 million and upped the wages limit a little. You cant sign many players anyway for much money in the BSS, but has definately helped me purchase some young gems and am now in L1 after three straight promotions. Sort of cheating I guess, but I always like to keep it realistic in that it was simply a case of some rich local businessman pumping some cash in (and not much in todays terms) and me then managing that cash effectively and some good management. Thats what I would do anyway, it not like by FM13 that some other club that hasnt got it in real life now but might have by then anyway, so I would just be a little creative and boost up some small club somewhere.

Heath, when did you get the news of more transfer funds? I was past the 25th of August iirc and still hadn't had any news regarding it, maybe it's luck or should it always happen?

I got the funds on 15th August, a day or so after getting the news item that the loan repayments (for the existing debt at the start of the game) were beginning.

Either way, Cádiz are probably the strongest team at that level and they have good backing for a team at that level.

I have been manager at Boreham Wood (I'm not a fan just randomly picked them!) now for 3 seasons, gave them a very small booster fund of 3 million and upped the wages limit a little. You cant sign many players anyway for much money in the BSS, but has definately helped me purchase some young gems and am now in L1 after three straight promotions. Sort of cheating I guess, but I always like to keep it realistic in that it was simply a case of some rich local businessman pumping some cash in (and not much in todays terms) and me then managing that cash effectively and some good management. Thats what I would do anyway, it not like by FM13 that some other club that hasnt got it in real life now but might have by then anyway, so I would just be a little creative and boost up some small club somewhere.

3 million is a heck of a big "very small booster" for a club of Boreham Wood's standing. :D I like that.

Boreham Wood gave them a very small booster fund of 3 million and upped the wages limit a little.Sort of cheating I guess, but I always like to keep it realistic

Anyone else see anything wrong in the quote.... ;)

Maybe should have added "and me then managing that cash effectively and some good management."

To the original quote also....

Anyone else see anything wrong in the quote.... ;)

Maybe should have added "and me then managing that cash effectively and some good management."

To the original quote also....

lol!!!! Yes, yes ok! Just offering up how I like to play so far!!! Have spent £1 million on transfers and now into my fourth season, so havent gone too crazy with the money!!! Do not consider myself by any stretch of the imagination to be a LLM, especially after my "small booster" fund!!! Kind of thought that OP was looking for a LLC with some money, so thought that be him giving some cash to a club may have saved the hassle of searching! I'm enjoying my game anyway! And loving Tiago Tremonti whom I bought for 25k banging in 25 or more a season!

lol!!!! Yes, yes ok! Just offering up how I like to play so far!!! Have spent £1 million on transfers and now into my fourth season, so havent gone too crazy with the money!!! Do not consider myself by any stretch of the imagination to be a LLM, especially after my "small booster" fund!!! Kind of thought that OP was looking for a LLC with some money, so thought that be him giving some cash to a club may have saved the hassle of searching! I'm enjoying my game anyway! And loving Tiago Tremonti whom I bought for 25k banging in 25 or more a season!

I don't get the 'holier than thou...you're cheating' attitude on what is a fantasy game, you should be able to make it as fantasy as you want any way you want. The Editor and FMRTE are great. As said, you're enjoying your game. That's the only thing that should matter imvho.

It was just your choice of words. :D

I don't get the 'holier than thou...you're cheating' attitude on what is a fantasy game, you should be able to make it as fantasy as you want any way you want. The Editor and FMRTE are great. As said, you're enjoying your game. That's the only thing that should matter imvho.

Ahhhh! I see! :) That was just a pre-defence comment against the anti FMRTE / editing brigade! I have always given myself a little boost in my games as my favourite part is finding unknown gems!!

While I could not care less how others play the game it is not a fantasy game but a simulation,it really is "supposed" to be like real life..

I am sure SAF would have restarted the game after the 1-6 beating from Man City if he had the chance and poor Steve Kean,well he will be lucky if he ever makes it to match day 4 with so many restarts :)

Like I said though to each there own and as you pointed out it was his/her choice of words :p

Are they the team who have had 5 managers in 7 months or something?

They've sacked their entire coaching staff many times, not sure if it's that high and I can't find any real data. Owner is being sued for forgery, club faces a winding up petition, etc. So enjoy the money whilst it lasts guys!

Archived