Work permit: not being allowed to appeal

Hi, its my first time managing an english team in a very long time, so im not used to the work permit issue. Right now, im trying to sign a Mexican, age 18, how would be my best striker. The problem is that when i try to sign him the work permit gets rejected and i cant appeal it, tho my scout told my i can probably get him if i appeal it. Anyone knows why this happens? or how to solve it? I bought 1 other american player which i got rejected but i was succesful in the appeal, it seems weird that i cant use that feature again.

Any help is welcome!

If he's only 18 your problems might be that he's not played the required amount of times for his country. He has to have played 75% of his countries full internationals (not U21) over the previous 2 years or be of a high enough calibre to improve the league. If he doesnt meet this criteria you should still be able to sign him if you have a suitable feeder club in place so do you have any? The only time I've the permit being refused without the option to appeal is when I dont have a feeder club he can be sent to.

I know he was not going to get the work permit in the first try, buy my scout told me he could in the appeal. I dont have any feeder club as my board thinks is not needed... But thats not the issue here, because, as i said before, i was able to sign him just 4 days later than the 2 previous tries. What i cant understand is why the first 2 times i wasnt able to appeal, while in the 3rd i was.

Archived