Just had a manager leave a club in first place for one in 7th!

On my game in Feb 2023, Craig Levein, the Arsenal manager has just left them, sitting in first place with a 5 point gap between them and 2nd placed Man United. He left them to join Man City, who are 7th place, a full 15 points off the top spot, and 5 points from a CL spot....the only thing I can think of is the money, otherwise it seems like total madness. Over the past 5-6 seasons they've pretty much been as good as each other, and this would have been Leveins first silverware were he to keep it up till the end of the season.

Madness.

On my game in Feb 2023, Craig Levein, the Arsenal manager has just left them, sitting in first place with a 5 point gap between them and 2nd placed Man United. He left them to join Man City, who are 7th place, a full 15 points off the top spot, and 5 points from a CL spot....the only thing I can think of is the money, otherwise it seems like total madness. Over the past 5-6 seasons they've pretty much been as good as each other, and this would have been Leveins first silverware were he to keep it up till the end of the season.

Madness.

I'd have done the same thing in his position. Man city's finances mean he'd be likely to win more trophies than he could shake a stick at, whereas his Arsenal team may just be temporarily over-performing. I'd be worried about an injury crisis or slump in key players form ruining my season as Arsenal manger (particularly the former with Arsenal) and he probably figures if the same thing were to happen at City he could just go and buy a ready made replacement.

Man city are always over-rated in game, they in Fm2011 (before this seasons good run of theirs) they were always predicted 1st, even if they finished 7th the season before. The game just seems to irrationally love Man City at times. Maybe that's carried on to the new game.

Man city are always over-rated in game, they in Fm2011 (before this seasons good run of theirs) they were always predicted 1st, even if they finished 7th the season before. The game just seems to irrationally love Man City at times. Maybe that's carried on to the new game.

They're 5 pts clear and just absolutely creamed the reigning champions on their own ground irl.

Maybe not so over-rated, they're wallowing in 7th place on my save.

Ridiculous and would never happen in reality. This was a problem last year so I would have hoped it would have been sorted in this version, though it seems a lot less frequent but it's still early days for the game.

I'd have done the same thing in his position. Man city's finances mean he'd be likely to win more trophies than he could shake a stick at, whereas his Arsenal team may just be temporarily over-performing. I'd be worried about an injury crisis or slump in key players form ruining my season as Arsenal manger (particularly the former with Arsenal) and he probably figures if the same thing were to happen at City he could just go and buy a ready made replacement.

But how do you know that this is the way the game has calculated it? I bet it doesn't think of half those factors... To me it just seems/feels like its all down to reputation like what carradona said.

Its all AI things like this short and long term that has made me decide theres no point buying FM12 as you'll run into the same problems like this after a few years(like FM11). So I'll just continue my progress in my FM11 save where I'm into year 2025.

Archived