Duplicate Steam Code

Can you tell us where you purchased it?

Primarily it's the responsibility of the retailer to rectify this but we have heard reports of some slightly dubious outlets selling codes that don't work. That may not be the case here but if you could contact them or let us know who you purchased from, that'd help.

Cheers

Matt

I purchased it from CEX in liverpool central station. Usually this is a shop that sells second hand games. But they said it was sealed when they got it but they only took it out to see if the CD worked. Ive got a feeling that in checking they registered the steam code. I'd love to sort this out via email because my knee is done in at the moment. I've emailed CEX and asked them to help too, but Ive got no reply yet.

I purchased it from CEX in liverpool central station. Usually this is a shop that sells second hand games. But they said it was sealed when they got it but they only took it out to see if the CD worked. Ive got a feeling that in checking they registered the steam code. I'd love to sort this out via email because my knee is done in at the moment. I've emailed CEX and asked them to help too, but Ive got no reply yet.

If it was new and sealed, why would they open it to check the disc? Seems a little dodgy to me.

Take it back to CEX and explain, they should refund under the trade desciption act and consumer protection act etc. A lot games cannot be purchased second hand now, because of digital registration.

Most likely cause is that somebody bought it, installed it, resealed the case and then traded it in.

Take it back to CeX and get a refund. I would also get screenshots or photos of the errors you get when you try to install it to show them if they try and claim it is a working copy.

Archived