Lots of Defensive Midfielder losing their Central Midfielder position...

Hello !

From earlier version of FM to FM2012, It seems that a lot of players who are natural Defensive Midfielder and accomplished Central Midfielder are more likely to lose their Central Midfielder position, even when they play regularly at this position (Ie in a 4-4-2 tactic). Is this a bug, or not ?

For more information, they are not "only Defensive Midfielder" I trained to be Central Midfielder when they came to my team, but they already were natural Defensive Midfielder / accomplished Central Midfielder I trained to be Left or Right Midfielder, before I had to retrain them to become again able to play Central Midfielder.

In earlier FM, a natural Defensive Midfielder / accomplished Central Midfielder didn't lose their Central Midfielder position...

88 viewers, and no answer ? :(

It seems that now, you can train a player in a position until he becomes natural (Before, a player can only become accomplished and could lost this position if no more trained). Does that means that now, if you train a player in a position and he becomes natural, that position will be definitive, even if you don't train him anymore in this position (Or if you train him in another position) ?

I agree racatte!

In previous FM's there were many more 'utility' players who were 'accomplished' in a number of positions, especially in the midfield. In fact they were my favourite signings in leagues where there are only 5 suds used. This version these players are way more rare.

I like players who can play DC/DM/MC and the numbers seems significantly reduced.

Hello !

From earlier version of FM to FM2012, It seems that a lot of players who are natural Defensive Midfielder and accomplished Central Midfielder are more likely to lose their Central Midfielder position, even when they play regularly at this position (Ie in a 4-4-2 tactic). Is this a bug, or not ?

For more information, they are not "only Defensive Midfielder" I trained to be Central Midfielder when they came to my team, but they already were natural Defensive Midfielder / accomplished Central Midfielder I trained to be Left or Right Midfielder, before I had to retrain them to become again able to play Central Midfielder.

In earlier FM, a natural Defensive Midfielder / accomplished Central Midfielder didn't lose their Central Midfielder position...

As far as I know, the positions that a player has set in the database when you start a new game cannot be lost. So a player that a researcher has set as being a natural Defensive Midfielder and accomplished Central Midfielder will never lose his accomplished Central Midfield rating, even if he is never played there.

However, if you train a player in the game to become accomplished at Central Midfield, but you stop the training and don't play him there, then he will gradually lose that rating. This will also happen to a player who you have trained to become natural in a position. If you want to make sure that they keep the rating, then you need to keep them training the position, or play them regularly in that position.

Hope that helps!

^

but the OP seems to be saying that players he *didn't* train originally as MC, and therefore were set in the database at the start, were losing the position and having to be retrained, in spite of being played in the position. if this interpretation is correct then maybe it should be reported in the bugs forum?

on second thought this could be a 'feature' not a bug. if the player who is a natural dmc and accomplished mc is trained at say mr, and isn't versatile (hidden attribute), the ability gained in the new position might be coming out of the old (MC position) in spite of him being accomplished in the database. in other words, training a position may put the other positions 'in play' even if they are set in the database. i've never experienced it myself so i can only go by the OP's description.

That's right Zeusbheld... I speak about some players who are at the beginning of the game natural DMC and accomplished MC. They lose the MC position after a certain time. Since I never use DMC (I always use a 4-4-2 standard tactic), I find myself with an natural DMC/accomplished MC player I trained as a ML or MR (In order to use him as a MC or ML/MR), and at the end, I find myself with a natural DMC and accomplished ML or MR instread of a natural DMC/accomplished MLC or MRC. Which is very frustrating since I want my left or right side player to be able to play center (IE if another player can play the same side).

@Milnerpoint : before FM2011 (FM2012 and earlier), I never had a player become natural at a trained position... They were at most accomplished. In FM2011, I agree a trained player could sometimes became natural. Btw, in FM2012, a trained player who become natural in a position can lose that position if he's no more trained... I don't understand that : if a player is natural, he should not lose that position (Or that means he was only accomplished, not natural !).

I hope you will understand, since I'm not familiar with the English positions name...

Archived