chairmen and transfers

In FM, all managers are given a transfer budget and then they can buy whoever they want. but in real life, this isnt always the case. an idea for fm10 would be to giv the managers different levels of control, depending on the chairman. the five levels could be:

1. (total control) the manager gets a budget and can buy who he likes

2. the manager tells the chairman who he wants and the chairman gives him a budget large enough to get these players if he feels it is feasable.

3. The manager tells the chairman who he wants to get and the chairman gives the manager a budget for each player.

4. The manager tells the chairman who he wants to get and the chairman trys to buy the player.

5. the manager tells the chairman what kind of player he wants and the chairman buys that type of player.

This could be one of the things that are considered wen applying for a job.

it could also be an option for a board request - to change the level of control that they ahve.

In FM, all managers are given a transfer budget and then they can buy whoever they want. but in real life, this isnt always the case. an idea for fm10 would be to giv the managers different levels of control, depending on the chairman. the five levels could be:

1. (total control) the manager gets a budget and can buy who he likes

2. the manager tells the chairman who he wants and the chairman gives him a budget large enough to get these players if he feels it is feasable.

3. The manager tells the chairman who he wants to get and the chairman gives the manager a budget for each player.

4. The manager tells the chairman who he wants to get and the chairman trys to buy the player.

5. the manager tells the chairman what kind of player he wants and the chairman buys that type of player.

This could be one of the things that are considered wen applying for a job.

it could also be an option for a board request - to change the level of control that they ahve.

1. This would rule out the transfer fun which FM usually offers. Lots of people including me love this game due to freedom in buying players and manage own transfer budget.

2. There will be more problem with the chairman; only chairman accepting bids already bad enough. Now chairman won't buy my target players.

3. Then you would not have any control over any financial issue, since the chairman will control the transfer budget and also negotiate the contract deals. Better to take off the financial part?

5. Trying to be very very realistic will not always make the game fun. After all, this is still a game.

While this would be far more realistic than the current implementation I think we should realize that this is a game first and a management simulation second. Removing this from the player would lessen the enjoyment of the game IMO.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jakobx:

While this would be far more realistic than the current implementation I think we should realize that this is a game first and a management simulation second. Removing this from the player would lessen the enjoyment of the game IMO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the problem. Some see it your way, some see it mine. I would happily let SI forget it was a game. I want it to be a management simulation first and... nothing else second. For me, the more realistic it gets, the better. Must make SI's job very difficult.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by coolbananas:

As a matter of fact i was just thinking the exact same thing after reading a thread about Chelsea's £500 millon budget ( Here ) and think it would be a brilliant idea for the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd agree with you but reading the pathetic song in your location has soured things somewhat.

Oh, and before you ask, I'm not a Chelsea fan. I'm a United fan. And, no, I do in fact have a sense of humour and I am certainly not a member of the political correctness police. It's just that I also have a sense of taste and decency.

Now go ahead, I'm braced for a torrent of childish abuse.

Its just a song/chant mate, i do feel sorry for Lampard and wouldn't wish that upon anyone, i do have a sense of decency and thats why i have done what you said and and come back with a "torrent of childish abuse".

If you can think of anything else that rhymes with the song ill be happy to edit it and if it offends/annoys you that much ill remove it happily as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Its just a song/chant mate, i do feel sorry for Lampard and wouldn't wish that upon anyone, i do have a sense of decency and thats why i Haven't done what you said and and come back with a "torrent of childish abuse".

If you can think of anything else that rhymes with the song ill be happy to edit it and if it offends/annoys you that much ill remove it happily as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by coolbananas:

After thinking about it i was taking the p*** a little so i got rid of it.

Sorry icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're the only person I've ever influenced! Oh wow. I'm not sure what to say! icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> That's the problem. Some see it your way, some see it mine. I would happily let SI forget it was a game. I want it to be a management simulation first and... nothing else second. For me, the more realistic it gets, the better. Must make SI's job very difficult. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, no. I wouldn't have thought so. If it becomes too realistic then people wont enjoy it, then they wont buy it. SI have to keep the game fun, I think this suggestion would totally ruin my fun. The terrible transfer market has already made me revert to FM07, things added for the sake of realism will see me stick with FM07.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> That's the problem. Some see it your way, some see it mine. I would happily let SI forget it was a game. I want it to be a management simulation first and... nothing else second. For me, the more realistic it gets, the better. Must make SI's job very difficult. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, no. I wouldn't have thought so. If it becomes too realistic then people wont enjoy it, then they wont buy it. SI have to keep the game fun, I think this suggestion would totally ruin my fun. The terrible transfer market has already made me revert to FM07, things added for the sake of realism will see me stick with FM07. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But that was my point. There are those like you who believe there can be too much realism, and I accept that viewpoint. However, there are those like me who I believe are more numerous than we might seem and who want the game to always strive for as much realism as possible. For me, the changes suggested in the OP would be great.

That's what I think makes SI's job tricky, because you can't please everyone all of the time.

Archived