FM12 doesn't open through Steam

I have had an issue over the past week whereby I load up Steam, select 'play now' under Football Manager 2012 and nothing happens. When I then go to close down Steam it says "waiting for Football Manager 2012 to close down" and then says 'Steam - Error; Please close Football Manager 2012 before exiting Steam"

I have updated to the latest Steam; also uploaded the latest patch to make things compatible with Lion, restarted and turned off machines but still Football Manager isn't opening...?

Anybody else experiencing the same or anybody that can help...?

Hey, i've had the same problem and someone told me to do this an it worked :)

Verify Game Cache:

Load Steam

From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.

Select the Local files tab and click the ‘VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE…’ button.

Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

If you are still experiencing the same error afterwards on the PC please try deleting the FM.EXE

PC WINDOWS:

Local Disk -> Program Files -> Steam -> steamapps -> common -> football manager 2012 -> fm.exe

Upon deletion try the ‘VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE…’ feature to identify whether this addresses the problem.

Hope that helps. heres the full link http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184719&viewfull=1#post7184719

Lion? Are you running this on a MAC? Also how long have you waited for before the screen comes up? It can take a while sometimes, I know for me the longest I have had to wait is five mins with the box saying preparing to launch! I could be wrong but your OS obviously thinks that STEAM has started, just that you are not yet seeing it on screen. Is it a MAC or PC though? As at least on a PC you can Ctrl/Alt/Del and see if Fm is running in your processes.

Archived