Rivals and cup draws

I do notice myself regularly getting paired with a team I have a league match with around the same time.

I swear this happens to me as well. Is it just information bias, the mind just noticing and remembering when this happens and not the other dozen times it doesn't? Or have we crossed... through the Scary Door?

Almost always I'm drawed vs Gateshead, my only rival. Last season I played only 4 rounds counting FA Cup and FA Trophy, both eliminated by Gateshead.

I assume you're managing a Non-League club from the North East. This would give you a high chance of drawing Gateshead because of the regionalisation of the early stages of the FA Cup.

Of course, if you're not managing such a team, what I said is irrelevant.

I assume you're managing a Non-League club from the North East. This would give you a high chance of drawing Gateshead because of the regionalisation of the early stages of the FA Cup.

This makes a lot of sense now. In my Cambridge City game the frequency of which I'd drew Cambridge United was quite staggering.

This makes a lot of sense now. In my Cambridge City game the frequency of which I'd drew Cambridge United was quite staggering.

Yeah, the draw would have been regionalised so it's not as daft as it seems.

Can't say I notice it too often.

Saying that, I have drawn Crewe Alexandra in the First Round of the League Cup for the past three seasons on my (FM2011) save. :D

Apart from that, there is no obvious pattern. In the FA Cup this season I have defeated Whitstable Town (Conference South), Bury (League One) and have been drawn at Hampton & Richmond Borough (Conference South) in Round Three. I'm in League Two with Newcastle Town. No local clubs and nobody in the same division.

Edit: I beat Hampton & Richmond and should I beat Bradford City (League One) in the Fourth Round replay we will travel to Everton or Huddersfield Town, both of whom are in the Premier League.

I can't see any regionalisation there.

Well I guess the regional thing seems to be a reasonable explanation. I just started thinking about it as I was drawn against a rival team and at the same time my brother got drawn against the same rival team for the third time or something like that.

Archived