Tinkerer, or one tactic manager??

I have a coach who reproaches me every week for only having one tactic, yet most weeks the press accuse me of being a 'tinkerer.' I just can't win here!

I actually have just six tactics saved and I use them as & when I feel they're required. Am I a tinkerer? I just ignore the coach but I have to say his constant carping gets on my nerves.

How many tactics do others use?

On the tactics screen on the left hand side, have you chosen 3 tactics for your team to train in... that could be what your Coach is on about you only having one but you actually use 6. I use 3 tactics and use the AssMan team report to decide which one the opposition plays poorest against, seems to work anyway!

I have 2 tactics. One is 4-1-3-2 and other is 4-4-2 . I use 4-1-3-2 when opponent has a formation with a good AMC , so I mark him with my DMC to stop him passing to strikers. I do that because with 4-4-2 the opponent AMC just drops between midfield and defence and cause too much problem.

I have at least two players for every position. Some I have 3. That means that if a player doesn't fit into a role with at least a "competent" rating, then that player is gone. Plus, I'd be wasting my time trying to get players to adapt to more than two positions just to get him to play well in one tactic. So no, I am a one-tactic guy and if I need to, I'll change some things, but never will I add a second tactic.

What I don't want to do is place the tactics I already have into this club's game, thus have them permanently showing in the game. Right now the 6 tactics are there, albeit 5 of them are mentioned as tactics for other teams. If I 'write' two more of them into this club's tactics, I will then have 8 tactics stored.

This club plays most of the 6 tactics anyway.

I just want this coach to shut the hell up! I suppose if I replace him the new coach will start nagging.

You're right Rush! I have gotten stressed by the weekly bleating from this coach & have just sacked his ass. Sincerely hope this new bloke gets on with the job & keeps his trap shut!

Doohhh! The new chap is just as bad! Bloody busy-bodies & know-it-alls.

There really should be a button that acknowledges the criticism & than tells the coach not to bring this issue up ever again... or you're sacked!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a terrible tinkerer. I get the message after every game now - if i win I am "too cunning" - whereas if I lose I'm obviously accused of taking a reckless tactical gamble. Basically because I play in Italy (game is now 2017) there are a lot of different formations on view and I feel I'll lose if Im not flexible - so when playing against Walter Mazzari's 3-4-3 for example I'll play a 4-4-2 narrow diamond which seems to work well. I also use this diamond against a 4-5-1 that Udinese play. I play a 4-2-3-1 against the not so common 4-4-2 and play a 4-3-3 when the opponent uses a 4-3-2-1 which seems very common in Italy. It works well for me at Palermo and I've obviously prepped all three tactics to thier maximum so I think its unfair to be called a "tinkerer". I prefer - well prepared - but such is the game.

Archived