Transfer system .. again.

After so many years, so many patches, so much criticism, i still can't see any real improvements :confused:

Sorry if i'm being harsh but it seems like when a last patch is released, everything is a little better than it was before, but as soon as a new game comes out, everything goes right back to where it all started.

---

Examples (if you want some screenshots, please ask, but i will only be able to post them here a little bit later):

So, i'm managing Benfica, as i always do in my first save, and i had a positive first season.

One of my players, Enzo Perez, had a good year, with 13 assists and 3 goals in 20 games, but because he is not a first team player and his wages are a little high (but not so high other teams can't buy him) for someone who doesn't play all the time, i tried to sell him.

Benfica in real life bought him for €5M, so i tried to send him away for €7.5M (he is a very good player, again, if you want screenshots..) and no offers.

€5M: No offers

€3M: No offers

and then, just to see what would happen, i offered him for €1M, but i wouldn't accept it anyway, since it is a ridiculous price. Guess what? No offers (4 or 5 teams always interested)

--------

Pablo Aimar: Everybody knows him, no need to go into details.

This situations is a bit different. I still remember talking about this 2 FM's ago or something like that.

I transfer listed him, and offered him just for €4M (his wages are a bit high), and i got no answer.

No teams rejecting, no teams accepting, no negociations, nothing, no answer, like i did nothing.

A few weaks later, still the game doesn't recognize that i offered someone. This still goes on, and there he is, still in my team, watching peacefully.

-------

Younger players, rejecting going on loan to other teams with a pretty respectable reputation.

Urreta rejecting Braga.

Franco Jara rejecting Werder Bremen

Roderick Miranda rejecting bla bla bla...

Teams that consider the respective player a valuable adition.

--

I have tons of other examples, like selling Nolito for half a million, getting offers for Gaitán of €7M when Benfica in real life, bought him for €8M after an incredible season.

So why, does this always stay the same, is it changes in the staff? Some other tweaks that affect the transfer system? Because this is a royal pain in the ass.

Don\'t you think it puts teams off buying your players when you keep offering them out for cheaper and cheaper prices? Kinda sends out the wrong message, don\'t you think?

Yeah.Spot on.Who would want good players for cheap.

Don't you think it puts teams off buying your players when you keep offering them out for cheaper and cheaper prices? Kinda sends out the wrong message, don't you think?

So, i'm suppose to set the exact price, or else i'm going to have to wait another year before offering them again?

Because if i have to wait for them to make an offer for themselves, might as well go take a nap.

Yeah.Spot on.Who would want good players for cheap.

If they are THAT good, why is he forcing them out of the squad? Wouldn't you want to look into that?

So, i'm suppose to set the exact price, or else i'm going to have to wait another year before offering them again?

Because if i have to wait for them to make an offer for themselves, might as well go take a nap.

Why are you trying so much to get rid of them? Just to prove a point about how poor you think the transfer system is?

If they are THAT good, why is he forcing them out of the squad? Wouldn't you want to look into that?

Why are you trying so much to get rid of them? Just to prove a point about how poor you think the transfer system is?

"One of my players, Enzo Perez, had a good year, with 13 assists and 3 goals in 20 games, but because he is not a first team player and his wages are a little high (but not so high other teams can't buy him) for someone who doesn't play all the time, i tried to sell him."

I prefer having a younger kid as a second choice, than someone who might be already a very good player. Saviola is my first choice.

"One of my players, Enzo Perez, had a good year, with 13 assists and 3 goals in 20 games, but because he is not a first team player and his wages are a little high (but not so high other teams can't buy him) for someone who doesn't play all the time, i tried to sell him."

I prefer having a younger kid as a second choice, than someone who might be already a very good player. Saviola is my first choice.

I'm not here to defend the system; I'm just curious as to why you want to sell him.

If you are that desperate to sell him, try having a chat with him and telling him he is leaving. Then maybe his scout will offer him to clubs as well.

A few weeks until the transfer window closes:

"Hm, he seems like someone i'd want for my team, why the hell would we be interested in him if not to buy him ... €1M for a very good winger? That is a very good deal .. but no."

The last few seconds of the transfer window:

"Come on, come on, make him available for just a little less ... oh ups transfer window just closed. F*** it, see you next year, as i prefer to leave a hole in the squad than giving €1M for a very good player."

If Penzo's wages are too high for your club, and lets be fair he is not really good enough to play at a higher level then Benfica, then why would the AI spend that kind of money on his wages? The top teams are not going to buy him the only hope you would have is that a team similar sizes to yourself might be interested, but you have offered him out for more than his in game value, what Benfica paid for him in real is almost completely irrelevant here, and your expecting teams to be jumping at the chance.

Aimar is even worse, an again player, only really done something in the past few years, on a huge contract, he will be very very difficult to sell, who is going to want an aging player on a huge wage?

Again ill say if their wages are too high for you, and lets be fair neither are superstars, then who do you think is going to jump over themselves to buy them?

Younger players, rejecting going on loan to other teams with a pretty respectable reputation.

Urreta rejecting Braga.

Franco Jara rejecting Werder Bremen

Roderick Miranda rejecting bla bla bla...

Teams that consider the respective player a valuable adition.

Forget the fact that those teams think he would be a valuable addition; if the player doesn't think it will be worth going on loan to them because of a lack of first-team chances, he won't join them

I actually think the problem that everyone has is caused by FM09/10. Back then it was waaay to easy to sell players. Almost artificially so. The game has improved now. It's realistic.

Jimmy Bullard springs to mind as a prime example. Otherwise he wouldn't have spent all that time rotting at Hull.

I have a similar problem in my Man Utd save. It's season 4 and Ashley Young is on about 90k a week and not good enough for my team any more. Hasn't been for 2 years really. But nobody is gonna touch him and I know that. He is 30. The age when a player wants one last big pay day. Where as he only really has the quality of a 25k pw player yet he will probably demand over 100k. It's life. It's the game.

The players you can sign once released by their club is quite ridiculous really but good if you're a smaller club.

Prior to seasons 2 and 3 i managed to sign for Aberdeen Scott Brown, Paul McShane, Darron Gibson.

Now just before season 4 i have signed Stephen Ireland.

None of these players would come near Aberdeen, most certainly not at this stage of career, and the fact that no-one else was in for them when i'm playing with England loaded too isn't right.

But i'm not complaining, its good to have them with me, just not very real.

If one takes international transfers into account, then there must be at the very least a hundred clubs worldwide that could potentially sign someone like Enzo Perez. He can be a backup player in the best of Europe's clubs just as well as being a league star in some smaller countries. In my current game in June 2012 he's valued at €3.6M after having an average match rating of 7.59 and the thread-starter posted that he played a rather successful 20 games in the past season. Those are the facts.

Personally, I can't understand why not a single club in the game would be interested in a player like that for most likely less than a third of his current market value and significantly below the minimum release clause. There should always be some interest for a player if he's offered for half or less than his current value - anything else only makes the player value system more absurd than it already is.

If one takes international transfers into account, then there must be at the very least a hundred clubs worldwide that could potentially sign someone like Enzo Perez. He can be a backup player in the best of Europe's clubs just as well as being a league star in some smaller countries. In my current game in June 2012 he's valued at €3.6M after having an average match rating of 7.59 and the thread-starter posted that he played a rather successful 20 games in the past season. Those are the facts.

Personally, I can't understand why not a single club in the game would be interested in a player like that for most likely less than a third of his current market value and significantly below the minimum release clause. There should always be some interest for a player if he's offered for half or less than his current value - anything else only makes the player value system more absurd than it already is.

Thank you, not for agreeing with me, but for pointing out how ridiculous it can be sometimes.

milnerpoint

Enzo's wages are not too high for my team, and surely not too high for most middle/top teams, especially from top leagues (leagues, not teams) and for €1M there should be a lot of offers, sorry but in this case nothing will convince me otherwise.

Even the crappiest team in the premier league spends more money on a bunch of worthless player's wages than i do in Enzo's wages.

And i'm talking about Enzo like i could talk about a lot more players.

You didn't understand what i said about Aimar, i said there is no response, he has interested teams in him, but when i offer him, there is no rejections, no nothing. The game does not recognize that i'm trying to sell someone. It is not a matter of money.

Archived