How long does it take you to complete a week and season?

I aim to finish a season in a week, which is ~20 hours for me.

So I make that ~20 mins per game week, most of that is spent on the match/matches itself/themselves.

I save time by not doing any press junk and very little player interaction.

Basically, my "fun stuff only" policy balances with my 1 season a week target. If the game gets more complicated, I'll miss other things out to compensate.

One season a week, WOW thats a lot of play time and dedication.

Do you not watch the matches with the 3-D engine?

What do you mean by the initial heavy-duty playing time slowing you down??

Cheers for the response.

Yes I watch every game. Key highlights at high speed.

Initially you'll be excited with the "new game" and spend lots of time on it. By February or March I doubt I'll be playing as much as I'm playing right now, but still plenty of usage.

Hmm i have done 5 seasons so far, no idea how long it takes me to complete one really, i did something like 32 seasons in about a year in FM11 on my only long term save, i think ill better that this time around. Watch all games in 3D, big matches in full detail, take all press conferences, match prep, i dont leave anything at all to the assistant except arranging pre-season games and playing said games.

If I'm not at work, I could do a season in a week. I watch extended highlights so a season takes me a couple of weeks. A week in football manager time could be as short as 15 minutes or real-time if there are no games going on and nothing to work on, etc.

It takes me bloody ages because I can't resist tinkering and tweaking. And poring over my scout reports in detail.

I think I usually reach about the 3rd season by the time the next game is announced.*

I find my close seasons take me the longest and then I speed up from Sept to Dec, slow down again for the January transfer window and then speed up again until the end of the season.

*An exageration, but only a slight one.

it's taken me about a real time week to finish a season, and i'd say that's been about 20-30 hours. I spend a lot of time when I first join in club tinkering with the training, scouting network, staff, players, youth, tactics etc. and then I tend to be fairly quick through the rest. I do the press myself (only to gain that little bit of extra motivation from players, and to avoid the assistant saying totally the wrong things), and go through my scout reports every so often.

What takes me the longest is going off on tangents - clicking on a player i see in a news article, to then check out other players in their team, or their nation, and then other clubs and so on, before I realise I was in the middle of a match or actually was doing something

I play 8 teams and will finish the 2011-12 season next June/July.....I'll never know how folks finish a season so quickly? Of course I like to play along with the season using real line-ups where I can. It's only August 13, 2011 in my world.

I've so far done 4 seasons on one save in about a week and a half. Partly because I play it religiously at the weekends and sporadically in the week. The furthest I've ever gotten in an FM is around about 2013. I'm now in 2014 and I can see me going for a very long time yet.

Takes me about 3-4 months to complete a season. I bought FM2011 in December 2011 and I'm in pre season in my 5th season of my first game (I know the average doesnt work but thats what i would estimate it as).

My FM 08 campaign lasted about 13 seasons I think, Aberdeen, Arsenal & Milwall, and it took about 3 years - so much so that I missed playing FM 09' & 10' altogether. I don't plan on buying FM 12' until I'm finished with this current save.

Archived