So is the game playable yet?

Each new version of FM usually ships out with a load of bugs, and usually some of these are fairly game breaking (such as the goalkeeper retraining bug in this years version thats been patched) and then over time the patches come out, the bugs get killed off and then the game is playable. I normally wait until several patches in before I start a game on the newest version, but at the moment I cant find many gamebreaking bugs still in the game at the moment after the recent mini patches.

So basically what Im asking is, is there any major bugs still in the game in present form, and is it properly playable? Is there going to be any major game changing patches in the future in your opinion (other than roster updates?) I already own the game, I just want to know so then I'll start playing this version over FM11.

Thanks guys!

Nothing 'game breaking'. Most fun Ive had since CM01/02. 11 was the first one I never brought because I was so disappointed with 10 but I think they have just got a yearly subscriber back!

MW3 out in less than 24 hours. Theres really not enough hours in the day :-(

I normally play partially in the A-league, and unfortuantly they havent been entirely playable due to crashes between years in previous versions. There does still seem to be some player registration problems in the a-league, though as long as everything else is working then I'll give it a go.

However, I have pre downloaded MW3 and its out in only a couple of hours here in australia....... :p FM may have to wait lol

The last two or three FMs have been entirely playable right from the off.

That's a lie actually. Especially in the last two versions, there have been game breaking bugs.

This is the only year that the game seems to be in working order from the get go, but there are still bugs (like the squad registration and scouting - SI has said they will be fixed) that can turn away fans who want to start a long term campaign.

For an intial release without a major patch yet, this year's game isn't so bad. I believe that it wholly depends on which leagues you want to start out with. Both FM11 and 12 have been playable from the very beginning if you stuck to the major european football leagues - maybe not perfect, but reasonably well. But, in my opinion, if you were to try some more exotic countries and leagues, or if you are interested in enhancing your gameplay by adding some editor modifications, then you stand a reasonable chance of catching one or more (gamebreaking) bugs. That's been my own most recent experience with this year's game and if you take a long look through the bug forums, that should conform it.

Due to the complexity of this game, there'll always be some minor and major errors and imperfections, of course. Some you'll happen upon, others might become the bane of your FM-existence and most of the rest won't bother the majority of people at all.

The vast majority of people have had no issues with Steam (it does have some issues with some AV programs - I use Microsoft Security Essentials which is free, does the job very well and sits quietly in the background not causing any bother), and the game is the least buggy that SI have ever released. 'Issues' with not being able to play while the game is updating (I think it has had two or three very minor patches) can be avoided by setting the game to offline mode while online, and then playing away. You can then update at your own leisure when it suits you.

I haven't had any crash dumps either; these are most likely technical faults or driver conflicts or being out of date on the user's PC, in my opinion.

That's a lie actually. Especially in the last two versions, there have been game breaking bugs.

This is the only year that the game seems to be in working order from the get go, but there are still bugs (like the squad registration and scouting - SI has said they will be fixed) that can turn away fans who want to start a long term campaign.

It's not a lie at all. Admittedly, I think FM10 needed a release day patch, but it got one. There were small bugs but nothing game-breaking. It's a while since the game couldn't be played from day one.

Well game-breaking is a too strong a word to use. Absolutely all version were playable and could be enjoyed, but there were certainly releases that many people put off playing for several months in order to get the full experience in a many season game. I recall a version where newgen players were incredibly athletic, but crap mentally and technically for example and it was just too weird.

It's not a lie at all. Admittedly, I think FM10 needed a release day patch, but it got one. There were small bugs but nothing game-breaking. It's a while since the game couldn't be played from day one.

I think your memory needs a refresh, especially about last year.

Each new version of FM usually ships out with a load of bugs, and usually some of these are fairly game breaking (such as the goalkeeper retraining bug in this years version thats been patched) and then over time the patches come out, the bugs get killed off and then the game is playable. I normally wait until several patches in before I start a game on the newest version, but at the moment I cant find many gamebreaking bugs still in the game at the moment after the recent mini patches.

So basically what Im asking is, is there any major bugs still in the game in present form, and is it properly playable? Is there going to be any major game changing patches in the future in your opinion (other than roster updates?) I already own the game, I just want to know so then I'll start playing this version over FM11.

Thanks guys!

Its a bit easy at the moment, although apparently a tweak to the morale system is in the works that could solve it. There is nothing game breaking though, and its the best FM by far in my opinion, despite the overpowered morale. Wait for the 12.1 patch and ask again ;):thup:

do you know when this tweak will arrive? I'm holding off till then.

I'm not sure, SI seem to be releasing mini-patches via steam, or have done for the last 2 or 3 weeks so it could be anytime, or it could be part of the 12.1 update, which is usually late November or early December I think. Its perfectly playable without the morale fix though... just some people are finding it much too easy at the moment.

There was a balance issue with FM11 as released, meaning that there were some unrealistic transfers, particularly very high quality players being transferred for low fees, but that wasn't a bug: the game was perfectly playable before patching, just unrealistic in one area.

Thats a lie - both FM08 & FM11 required patches first, no way you could play them out of the box unless you like broken games.

The game being too easy thing is definatly debatable! If your Man utd or Barcelona undoubly its going to be easier, I mean you have some of the best players in the world. But if your a LLM then I have heard otherwise (yet to delve into that beast in FM 12 yet).

Although according to a survey on the forum something like 75% of the posters think the game is fine or too hard lol

So each to their own. By the way I am loving my game definatly worth playing every year !

Archived