Low Board Max Wage Limit

I'm playing as Nottingham Forrest and am currently £11,000 under my total wage budget but when I try to offer players a contract the board sets an extremely low max wage for them (usually below £1,000).

This happens for both new players I'm trying to sign and existing players I'm trying to resign. I've even lost a couple of players and staff because I couldn't resign them.!

Should this be happening? It seems a bit strange as I can't sign or resign anyone despite being well under the overall wage budget!

Yes I have scouted them. I actually forgot that offering them a better role increases the max wage but I just tried it and while it does increase it's still no more the 50% of what they want.

e.g A player wanted £8,000 so I changed their role to key player and the max wage I could offer them is only £4,000

I'm playing as Nottingham Forrest and am currently £11,000 under my total wage budget but when I try to offer players a contract the board sets an extremely low max wage for them (usually below £1,000).

This happens for both new players I'm trying to sign and existing players I'm trying to resign. I've even lost a couple of players and staff because I couldn't resign them.!

Should this be happening? It seems a bit strange as I can't sign or resign anyone despite being well under the overall wage budget!

Your only 11k under your wage budget (What is it out of interest) so its normal that you would be heavily restricted as to what you can offer.

How many offers do you currently have out on players and how many players will complete their transfer to you in the future? If you have contracts pending then the amounts offered will logically lead to the board not allowing you to offer high amounts to the next player even though the budget you have will still show you have sufficient space. Your current budget does not suffer from what you have offered out after all until that offer gets accepted, however your future budget will potentially be impacted thus the board restricts your wages. Would this not be the case then you would be able to go way over budget and no board would allow that.

Yes! I did have a player joining on 1st July on a £11,000 pw contract! Now that he's joined I can offer higher contracts and everything is the way it should be! :)

And for anyone interested, with no transfer budget I had a wage budget of £164,000 and was spending £147,000 so I was £17,000 under but am now only £6,000 under.

Archived