A question for users who have steam set in 'offline' mode.....

Steam updating my game has a few disadvantages as I use FMRTE and have Germany and Japan nt's active.

However it seems that offline mode is the way to go.

But I have heard on the grapevine that after a while Steam will require you to go online for verification???

Can anyone confim/deny this please?

Basically an update can muck up my long term save as it affects the above. So if I have a long term save with steam offline, will Steam eventually require me to go 'online' at some point for verification, thus downloading the latest updates and ruin my save? ( on the assumption that the 'broken' "do not automatically update my game" option is still broken.

Thankyou for any assistance in this matter.

Thanks for the reply Matt.

If that is the case then I can hopefully start my long-tem save tomorrow. I had just seen a post earlier today by someone stating that it required you to go online after a period of time but if you have had no issues then that should be enough for me.

Cheers.

Also - is there any news of Steam fixing the "do not automatically update my game" error where it does update even when the option has been selected for it NOT to?

I've had a few problems with the offline mode, not often but it's really annoying when it happens, it'll start by loading up and saying can't connect online do you want to go to offline mode, then it pops up you need to be online to do this, counter productive much?

Just off topic abit, is it possible for them to stop reminding me that I won't be connected to my friends and etc if I set it to offline? It's annoying they have to do it everytime I start my computer.

I think if you set your on-line status to offline you will not get that message,Click on friends and set to off line.

It has been a while since I used that but I think that works.

Archived