How to avoid being sacked? (job status: stable, then sacked when the season ends)

How to avoid being sacked? (job status: stable, then sacked when the season ends)

My job status is stable after my team was relegated (1st season = promoted despite being ones of the favourites to go down (everyone delighted), the next season was relegated -

the board gave me no increase in wages and no transfer budget and the lowest aim they offered me was avoid relegation. job status was stable throughout season, even when i was

officially relegated but as soon as the season ends (the final game is played), despite my job status being stable (and my previous achievements), I am sacked. Is there anything I cando to avoid the sack?

Please help! as I want this to be a long term game and am being punished for achieving too much too soon

It's a cruel game, but one thing you can do is negotiate a good contract for yourself. When you got promotion you should have asked for a long contract on a high salary. The reason is they have to pay compensation if they break the contract by firing you. If you were near the end of your contract (or actually at the end of it) they had nothing to lose.

I got Santo André promoted to Division 2 in Brazil and the board were not happy with my performance. Even though I finished 2nd and got promoted etc.

Sometimes their expectations are too high. Even if you meet their standards at the start of the day, they may not consider you right to continue on as manager and bring in someone else.

I got Santo André promoted to Division 2 in Brazil and the board were not happy with my performance. Even though I finished 2nd and got promoted etc.

Sometimes their expectations are too high. Even if you meet their standards at the start of the day, they may not consider you right to continue on as manager and bring in someone else.

That's never happened to me. What was the reputation of the club you took over? Were they a 'sleeping giant'? I've only ever taken small clubs to the top leagues, so the board is always delighted with my performance.

Not sure really. I was just surprised by the board reaction. Getting promoted is good. The board shouldn't be dissing you.

Next season I got to Semis of Sao Paulo championship. And currently 2nd in 2nd division.

Hope to get promoted this season. Brazil hero unlocked.

Hopefully. MIght need another season in Division 2. But did well in Sao Paulo State. Neymar destroyed me though.

Got laughed at going for Brazil U23 job. So embarrassed.

What's your reputation? 4 successive promotions in England gave me a 'national' reputation, and Australia offered me a job. Surprised they'd know about me halfway around the world.

Gudjon Thordarson got Stoke promoted the championship (then division 1) only to be fired a couple weeks later without even being given a chance to manage us for one game in the league above.

• 3 years later...

I hate to say it, but an unfair sacking is motivation to go somewhere else, achieve mightily, and stick it to the old club whenever possible. Sign away their players and staff, top them in continental play, etc. What I hate is to see a team in reasonable shape a couple spots below us fire their manager and then come offering me the job...yeah, I'm not leaving my team to bail you out when our morale is good and oh, yeah, we're ahead of you!

I was man united manager. I got sacked in JANUARY but I was 7 points of the top four. So unfair and I could have signed more players to improve the squad.

I would have sacked myself tbh, with that squad and everybody fit after the opening 2 months or so I've seen plenty of people go and win the title first time of asking.

Archived