The new player interaction

I actually like the concept of saying "you were passing well" or "squandering too many chances" but as i was about to have a chat with a player for missing a penalty i realized how limited this system can be, none of the options were really adequate while on FM11 you would just say "your performance was unacceptable" or "you need to improve if you want to stay on the first-team".

Do you prefer this one or the old system?

I've had quite a few occasions where I wanted to talk to a player about a sucky performance but none of the options fitted.

Telling somebody off for missing a penalty is a bit harsh imo, unless he tried some sort of fancy flick with it. Which I don't think happens in FM. Unfortunately.

I like the idea, but it has its problems in implementation. A few days ago I wanted to talk to one of my central midfielders about a poor performance (poor, but not atrocious), I could either tell him it was unacceptable or say I was disappointed with his passing. the 'unacceptable' one seemed too harsh, but the problem was his defending, not his passing. It'd be nice if we had a drop-down menu to select what aspect (e.g. passing, positioning, shooting) of a player's game we wanted to comment on rather than having the game just pick one for us.

Archived