Does FM now create backup files?

Ive got setup a 3 rolling save set-up for my games which is fine. However before my game crashed and then it would not load up the lastest of my 3 rolling saved games afterwards, but it had created a back-up of my latest save game with the word (Backup) displayed after it. Ive not noticed this before, is this a new enchancement??

What's so hard to understand here? You set in the preferences that you do rolling saves. After it saves from an incremental save, it backsup the game the amount of times you've specified.

And what's so hard to understand that NONE of my rolling saves have (Backup) written next to them.

I don't know what to do with that at all? If it's backing up the file, what difference does it make?

It doesn't make a difference. But the OP said he was able to recover a save that had (Backup) by the file name. Usually rolling saves will have 'file name', 'file name (v1)', 'file name (v2)' etc. And this was my point and what I was responding to.

I've using rolling saves for a long time now but none of mine say (backup) next to them. Which is why when you said you could add it in the preferences I asked where it was.

Mine are saved as "(v02)" "(v03)"

Yeah mine too. The only thing I can think of is that I've noticed you can restore individual folders on W7 so I'm wondering if this is something Windows does rather than FM. So the save corrupts and then Windows brings up the backup file.

Archived